KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just returned from a reasonably long trip (1132 miles) to find that my front mudguard has worn through from the tyre touching it.

There was a bit of off-road on the trip and it was very windy on the way back which may account for it but has anyone else had this problem?

Is there an easy fix for this?

Bob.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Solder iron and 'plastic weld' if you feel creative.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Have you checked how much a new one is...might just be easier to pay £30(???) and replace.

The other trick you could use is strategically placed stickers/trim etc. What about a fender extender, or some edging strip...?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Convert to a high fender, no clearance issue's, and looks way, way better than the low fenders IMHO.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I'm suprised at that Bob! The painted high fender I have on mine touches the tyre under heavy breaking and off roading, but I fit the SE one for the laning now. The low fender is attached to the lower part of the forks ain't it? So theoretically there shouldn't be any touching due to the forks diving.

Mmmmmm strange one that :confused:

There's a shiny black one on the bay at the mo ;)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
My guess is that the back bolts were loose or even the wrong bolts? Dont the originals have a built in spacer which fits in the hole? I cant remember.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I swapped my wheels today ready for the upcoming weekend and noticed that i have black marks where the tyre has rubbed,i pushed the mudguard and from what i did it seems to rub on the side knobblies on the TKC so i am guessing that maybe the windforce whilst riding pushes it to either side or does it push it with gravity perhaps? I usually run an high front mudguard but have ridden with a low one a few times.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I swapped my wheels today ready for the upcoming weekend and noticed that i have black marks where the tyre has rubbed,i pushed the mudguard and from what i did it seems to rub on the side knobblies on the TKC so i am guessing that maybe the windforce whilst riding pushes it to either side or does it push it with gravity perhaps? I usually run an high front mudguard but have ridden with a low one a few times.
That's my conclusion as well :hmh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts