KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fucking cunting thing...£450 piece of shite.

Haven't used my Zumo 595 since November but thought I'd charge it up and update maps/whatever, seeing as I started up the bike today and put some lube on the chain in anticipation of riding it sometime soon.

It (the twat nav) is stuck on the warning screen...nothing I do moves it any further on...I've had the battery out and back in, held the button for 12 seconds to reset it like the manual says. No change...bastard.

After all the shite with connecting it to phone and headset, and it keeping on disconnecting, and then being replaced and the replacement also having the same problem (I told them it's been an issue for years but they won't listen and deny they've never heard of the issue...cunts...just Google it)...I think I'm gonna throw this in the river and buy something else.

But what?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried pressing the bottom right of the screen and keep pressing while switching on until it fibushes starting up.
Yeah I tried that. Restarted and said System a few times at the top, then restarted again and stopped at the same spot. I tried half a dozen times but always the same result

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have a memory card in, remove it.
I haven't. I actually thought I might try putting one in and seeing if that makes any difference!

Will ring Garmin technical support tomorrow when I'm 'working' at home.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Good luck getting any help from Garmin, they are abysmal at customer service, my 395 plays up sometimes and gets in a similar fit and refuses to turn off, eventually it does.

Also a nightmare pairing, it will refuse to play music from my phone despite all being connected, you an start / stop tracks but no sounds. I found by accident if I make a phone call it then works, so now I have to get everything to connect, make a call and immediately hang up every time I want to use the f*****g thing, and sometimes after using it for bike-bike comms or just turning music off for a bit you have to go through the whole lot again.

Not sure Tom Tom is much better, and last time I looked the Garmin had better features for bike trips, like the ability to display a track - essential as the bloody routes never take you the way it showed when planning it on the computer!

So - they are all shit IMO, but as I am familiar with the shitness of Garmin I stick with it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I seem to remember reading that Tomtom have similar Bluetooth problems, and overall the Garmins are better. When they work!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rang Garmin this morning. They're going to exchange the unit for a refurbished one. I'm happy with that as I won't get a new new one or refund now.

Knackered one is in the post as we speak!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Good luck getting any help from Garmin, they are abysmal at customer service, my 395 plays up sometimes and gets in a similar fit and refuses to turn off, eventually it does.

Also a nightmare pairing, it will refuse to play music from my phone despite all being connected, you an start / stop tracks but no sounds. I found by accident if I make a phone call it then works, so now I have to get everything to connect, make a call and immediately hang up every time I want to use the f*****g thing, and sometimes after using it for bike-bike comms or just turning music off for a bit you have to go through the whole lot again.

Not sure Tom Tom is much better, and last time I looked the Garmin had better features for bike trips, like the ability to display a track - essential as the bloody routes never take you the way it showed when planning it on the computer!

So - they are all shit IMO, but as I am familiar with the shitness of Garmin I stick with it.
I have found Garmin customer service excellent, when my well out of warranty 660 played up failing to upload new maps I went through lots of things over the phone with them when nothing worked sent it off to them and got a refurbed one back within the week. Don't know who you dealt with

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had bad and good experiences with them...unhelpful, dismissive and can't be bothered on one hand, but this time very good...had my refurbished 595 48 hours after they received my old one back...the new one looks like it's never been used...and matey swapped the speed camera subscription over to the new one with no hassle (unlike the last time!!)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I never managed to get to talk to someone, they don't (or did not) advertise a number so it was all by email and hopeless.

Visited stand at Bike Show and it was not even run by Garmin, just some marketing company who basically said nothing to do with us mate.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Fucking cunting thing...£450 piece of shite.

Haven't used my Zumo 595 since November but thought I'd charge it up and update maps/whatever, seeing as I started up the bike today and put some lube on the chain in anticipation of riding it sometime soon.

It (the twat nav) is stuck on the warning screen...nothing I do moves it any further on...I've had the battery out and back in, held the button for 12 seconds to reset it like the manual says. No change...bastard.

After all the shite with connecting it to phone and headset, and it keeping on disconnecting, and then being replaced and the replacement also having the same problem (I told them it's been an issue for years but they won't listen and deny they've never heard of the issue...cunts...just Google it)...I think I'm gonna throw this in the river and buy something else.

But what?
Couldn't wait to get rid of the 595 piece of shit,even after it was replaced under warranty!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I need a Sat Nav for the 1190, so bearing in mind the above comments what is going to work? I want the Sat Nav to link to my phone and helmet preferably, although I can link my phone direct to my helmet and cut out the Sat Nav.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need a Sat Nav for the 1190, so bearing in mind the above comments what is going to work? I want the Sat Nav to link to my phone and helmet preferably, although I can link my phone direct to my helmet and cut out the Sat Nav.
This issue (this thread) I think is a 1 off, and Garmin did sort it out quickly.

I've had loads of issues with the Bluetooth when the twat nav is connected to both phone and helmet...regularly disconnecting which is really annoying. I've read that the issue has been around for years so jot just the 595, and TomTom's also suffer...seems to be a Bluetooth issue with multiple connections. Garmon deny there's any problem!! I usually end up connecting my phone to lid to listen to music as I never have sat nav spoken directions on anyway. The only think I miss is the speed camera sound!

Other than the Bluetooth the 595 is ok imho...but it's expensive. When mine needs replacing I'll either look at a Montana, or a smaller/cheaper Zumo as the software is all the same, and I'd be happy with a smaller screen.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Motorrad VI ! Great so far problem is finding a cradle!
Isn't the software the same as Garmin?

One of my mates has one to go with his Bavarian tractor...he has the same Bluetooth disconnecting issues I do with my 595

1 - 20 of 26 Posts