KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does my bike (250exc 2 stroke 6 days) use so much fuel than evryone elses bike? Don't think it'ds the jetting as it starts first kick and pulls cleanly throughout the rev range and doesn'r foul plugs.
It's just annoying as i always heve to be the one calling the fuel stops.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2007 250 also uses lots of fuel, on a recent Trail riding weekend on the Isle of Man my bike used 50% more fuel than every one else! It does feel a bit rich at mid revs though, so i'm hoping I cam lean it off a bit which may help!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Check float level :confused: but tbh my 400 is the same, uses twice the fuel that others use, but then again they only have half the power,half the fun and just about half the wheelies I have :cool:

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
Probably coming out the overflow, so Matt is correct. Check the float level. Adjust it to lower the fuel in the float bowl a bit... dont go too far or you risk running lean at full throttle.

Does it ever leak fuel when its stood? Change the float valve if it does.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Probably coming out the overflow, so Matt is correct. Check the float level. Adjust it to lower the fuel in the float bowl a bit... dont go too far or you risk running lean at full throttle.

Is the float valve a common problem mine does it on and off the srew driver tap doesnt work so cleaned it with carb cleaner. that cured it but i have noticed the odd dribble now and then!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Doesnt leak when stopped ules lent against a wall or something

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
Is the float valve a common problem mine does it on and off the srew driver tap doesnt work so cleaned it with carb cleaner. that cured it but i have noticed the odd dribble now and then!
Yeah, my 08 200EXC did it within a year. Will pay for itself in saved fuel in 2 rides ;)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Best thing about pissing fuel out the overflow are the wheelspins and slides you can do on tarmac. Great fun....unless you're following someone who's pissing fuel out the overflow....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts