KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon to everybody in this forum... I've been looking for a used RC8 and I have found one (13000Km - 11000EUR). However, before I proceed I need to know from existing owners what I should look for.

Are there any known issues that I could ask the dealer for? Ppart from that are there any owners that use it for a day-to-day commuter, or is it only a track-bike?

Kind Regards
Alkis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi 993....

This is the best price I can get in Greece!!! I know that is more expensive compared to other EU countries... but there is nothing I can do. Plus that its a dealers price including a 1 year warranty. Its a 2008 model.

My main concern is whether there are known issues that I should worry about. The only thing so far that has been reported to me was a problem with the clutch that is supposed to be fixed within the warranty period. Anything else?

Regards
Alkis

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Hi 993....

This is the best price I can get in Greece!!! I know that is more expensive compared to other EU countries... but there is nothing I can do. Plus that its a dealers price including a 1 year warranty. Its a 2008 model.

My main concern is whether there are known issues that I should worry about. The only thing so far that has been reported to me was a problem with the clutch that is supposed to be fixed within the warranty period. Anything else?

Regards
Alkis
Hi Alkis,

Ask your dealer to view the bike's pending recalls and especially the gearbox mod.
Mine is a 08 (white, the faster :p) with all the recalls done when I got it last year.
No problems so far.
Where are you from? Athens?

Giwrgos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good morning Giwrgo,

thanks for the tip. As soon as the KTM Hellas will open I will pay them a visit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - I was just about to start a thread of the same topic, when I found this one.
I too am looking to buy one at home in New Zealand... the trouble is - I'm living and working in Portugal at the moment, and so am buying it almost sight unseen.

Aside from the gearbox recall, what are some things I should be particularly wary of?
I read a passing comment on another topic about Coolant leaking?
Also, are there troubles with Oil Levels, Oil leaks, burning oil? what's the story here?

Thanks in Advance
Josh

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Mine burns oil like all do...about 100ml every 1000km.
When I got it, there was a loose screw on the radiator (bottom right) and it was leaking coolant.
Apart from that I had no problems, not even with the water pump seals and I have done 11.000km on the bike...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts