KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have read a topic about the low speed and rpm driving, and someone seem to said that the G2 throttle change the bike, and make it smoother
But i dont know wich one i have to buy, someone can talk about this product?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
That's what's fitted as standard on the 2012 / 2015 RC8R's if yours is orange it is the progressive throttle it has a different Throttle Cam profile not as aggressive as the earlier models :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Je peux confirmer que j'ai une de ces cames d'accélérateur orange pour ma RC8 2009 et cela aide définitivement à lisser la réponse de l'accélérateur.

I can confirm that I got one of those orange throttle cams for my 2009 RC8 and it definitely helped smooth the throttle response.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, i know its still a brutal bile, but if it can help me for slow driving and stall less at low rpm, it would be good 👍🏻

·
Registered
305 Posts
mine thankfully came with a G2 throttle tube, i say thankfully as importing one is a small fortune. i did try out the orange tube, and it helped. not as much as the G2 did, but definitely a better budget option. another option would be to get it tuned, this will help out the roughness the best. failing a tune, have you done the 15min reset? this i would say to do first as it can fix it a fair bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i have make reset tune ecu
The bike is not that difficult, but i would like to not have to play too much with clutch at every roundabout

·
Registered
305 Posts
i think you will have to most of the time with anything slow speed, its partly the nature of it being a large twin. even with my dads street twin, thats a parallel 900cc twin. and even though its got a snazzy electronic throttle, i still have to feather the clutch at slow speeds as its snatchy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i know, my precedent was a 990 SD
But with shortened transmission i was ok with it, and after tune ecu for get all hp (thanks france for 106hp law) it was good for drive at slow speed and low rpm (even if bike dont like that)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts