KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi boys and gals. Anyone out there, that got a Garmin zümo 390 or 590 with LM, just lying in the garage collecting dust and wants to sell it? I might be interested in buying it then👍🏻
‘Stay safe but race ready!’

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry mate
I had a 595
I sold. It ( 450 cad)
I bought a XT (700 cad)
Not sure what is your budget but I will tell you right away
If you are using your gps a lot go with the xt
It's faster
Much much brighter
And it come with active topo North America which is my way to go map
You can zoom out a lot and it show still trails

Much easier to navigate with glove
I use my gps every every time I go out in trails

There is nothing wrong with the 595 it work great and never fail

Again in 2021 xt is the way to go if $$ is not an issue

Envoyé de mon SM-G975W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magic👍🏻 Thanks for the words of wisdom. I’m on the lookout for something rugged and fast.. and not too expensive!

The XT might be a bit too pricey, but the again you obviously get what you pay for.
Its going on the top of my nav tower. The 590 with the bigger screen is preferred.

Was planning on using it especially through France/Belgium as I was hoping to take a ride home to Denmark.... when it’s allowed!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Magic👍🏻 Thanks for the words of wisdom. I’m on the lookout for something rugged and fast.. and not too expensive!

The XT might be a bit too pricey, but the again you obviously get what you pay for.
Its going on the top of my nav tower. The 590 with the bigger screen is preferred.

Was planning on using it especially through France/Belgium as I was hoping to take a ride home to Denmark.... when it’s allowed!
Infinity motorcycles are doing the XTfor £379 with life time maps, that cheaper than the 595LM when it was new.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Do the XT's fit on the same mounts?

I might fancy an upgrade, but don't fancy the ballache of having to strip down the front end of the 1290 to swap over the power unit and mount.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do the XT's fit on the same mounts?

I might fancy an upgrade, but don't fancy the ballache of having to strip down the front end of the 1290 to swap over the power unit and mount.
from German biking forum. Might answer your question concerning mounts.

Bracket Zumo 595 LM (above) and new (below) Zumo XT. Fewer contact pins: For power supply only.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

The XT has the bigger screen @ 5.5" the 590 is 5"

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have a 590LM that I may be selling soon depending if I sell my bike as is or removed of all the goodies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I took the plunge and bought a Garmin Zumo XT from sportsbikeshop - looks good but the fastening to the docking bracket could be a bit more beefy.

I was struggling a bit to get it to lock/dock - maybe just new and will ease off a bit later.

Also, I would of thought a tether point would be built in as an additional safety option.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I took the plunge and bought a Garmin Zumo XT from sportsbikeshop - looks good but the fastening to the docking bracket could be a bit more beefy.

I was struggling a bit to get it to lock/dock - maybe just new and will ease off a bit later.

Also, I would of thought a tether point would be built in as an additional safety option.
You are dead right, the mount is rather cheesy - I ran a stick on tether on mine to give me piece of mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts