KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to get some idea as to how much my 530 exc supermoto would be worth. The bike has been owned by me for about 4 years now since I got it at around 1500 miles. I rebuilt the engine 2 years ago and it has barely been used since. As well as doing the engine the whole bike was stripped and refreshed with new parts so the condition is fantastic as lots of parts are new. Might even go as far to say one of the best condition 530's in the country? It currently sits at 7986 miles and 288 hours, nearly all of this being road miles. I had it tuned on a dyno and have a printout showing 50hp. I have lots of paperwork for all the parts that were replaced and and for all the work that was done. As well as this I have a heap of parts and spares for the bike including the original off road wheels, brake setup and exhaust. Engine oil and gearbox oil changed every 15 hours. Check out all of the pictures here and I'll upload a quick walkaround of the bike too. Any questions feel free to ask. Cheers(y)

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
Nice bike

Reactions: RedLineRevs

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Put it back to enduro and flog all the bits seperate.... as said it's a 3500 bike that

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
The only thing about this RF4 engine is it suffers from oil migration between to transmission and engine. KTM didn’t make it for long then changed the design (only one model run in the 450 / 530)

There is a mod you can do to sort it and convert it to a single chamber.

·
Premium Member
9,291 Posts
I,ve had 3 of those XC4 motors (1 400 + 2 530's) with no migration issues - l think it was the 1st year production that was affected. Personally, l think its a good motor (if you change the engine side oil at 7.5hrs)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah from what I can remember it was the early ones that had issues. When I was rebuilding it I also replaced the oil pump gear as the early ones were very thin and known to fail so they were improved by 2011. The rocker shafts were improved to have better lubrication as well so did them too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts