KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could use this thread to discuss things we are thinking of buying??

Just looking for a helmet and theres thousands out there.

Anybody got any adivce or reviews on their lid? Looking to spend around £100

Which ones to avoid?

·
Registered
165 Posts
NEW FOX MX V3 RACE MOTOCROSS ENDURO QUAD HELMET XL on eBay (end time 15-Sep-10 11:33:02 BST)

Above is what was reccommended to me and I finally purchased, but a little over your price range.

However, I was also reccommended this

Animal MX Monochrome GPR1 MX Helmet | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

buy my local KTM dealer. They said it had the same tri composite build quality as the Fox V3 they were trying to sell me but was cheap because it had Animal written on it!

In hindsight, I should have compared the spec and saved myself over £100.00

Hope this helps

·
Registered
151 Posts
i got the animal one great comfy helmet but the paint finish is utter crap,chips for a past time,but bloody hell i paid the full 99 quid when i brought mine, they gone down alot since

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
HJC helmets always seemed to suit my head, but there are millions to go at, not mad on things like Arai for off road, though they are good quality all mx helmets are noisy, windy and end up scuffed. for a £100, I'd probably buy 2 lids then you can chop and change, dead nice to do an enduro with 2 lids as you can swap over between laps if you need to...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea about changing, nothing worse than putting a sweaty helmet back on

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just get one that fits
For £100 you should be able to find a 2009 colour scheme helmet that would have cost a couple of times that, or even get a less fashionable £100 helmet for about £50.
Proper fitting is better than the bling and logos in the way that Nike trainers aren't necessarily faster or better for running in but look "cooler" in the pub (if you're a chav!)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Wulf Sport for me every time :smokin: Smith goggles fit them so nice, no little gaps for stones to bash your snout like folks that I ride with seem to get. Thats my advice ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to Nick Iv now got a nice KBC helmet in KTM colours :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep :rolleyes:

got it yesterday, play time on sunday at berwyn leisure park.

Are there ever forum meet ups? Everyone on here seems sound so far, the friendliest lot iv ever messaged ha

Bought an Enduro Engineering clutch saver off ebay but having a bit of a nightmare fitting it. I'm no numpty i work in a racing garage sometimes, think it might be for the wrong bike, see below

13-094 KTM Clutch Slave Cylinder Guard 07' 250xcf/xcf-w, 07' 450-525exc using a 14 tooth or smaller Sprocket Detail Page

I damaged a part of the slave cylinder putting it back in, its like a rubber cap seal thats the first thing to go back in, a tiny bit ripped off and its £27 to replace! eesh

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
not too sure, not a huge fan of those things anyway but from the web page you list looks like a 4t clutch saver.... not sure if there is a difference... but it is listed as a different one....

enduroeng

Think the thing to do WRT meeting up is post saying when/where you are going and what you are doing and someone is likely to respond, you could always organise something like an mx track day... sure you would get takers for that!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm after a front disc guard, found an acerbis one but you need to buy a fitting kit, total of £38, not bad!

Can anybody recommend these or what do you have?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts