KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new to the enduro scene and have just bought a 200 exc 2005 model. Been going over the bike checking everything but wondered how much gear oil it needs in? I dont have a manual and there doesn't seem to be a sight level?

Cheers:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
there should be a small bolt just by the rear brake lever with a copper washer on it, take this bolt out then stand your bike up straight and fill it up til it just starts to leak out, mines normally about 660-670ml as, i never put a full 700ml in as it doesnt all drain out.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I never remove the oil level check bolt, very easy to strip the thread on it, on all my KTM's I've had I just drop the oil then refill with 650ml

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
^^^^^ What he said. Never, ever touch the two plugs on the clutch cover, just use the magnetic drain plug near the gear lever, then put 600ml in. The clutch cover is magnesium, very easy to strip the threads.

·
Registered
151 Posts
^^^^^ What he said. Never, ever touch the two plugs on the clutch cover, just use the magnetic drain plug near the gear lever, then put 600ml in. The clutch cover is magnesium, very easy to strip the threads.
kevin does that apply to all 2strokes?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Kev

What do you mean Never, ever touch the two plugs on the clutch cover,

Do you mean the screens at the bottom of the engine?

I don't remove the gear screw. but i do remove the screens and the bolt near the gear lever.

Julie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts