KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a couple of Gen 3 owners have had gearbox warranty work done (on the "down on power" thread). Any one else had this done and what is the problem? I`ve checked online via the official KTM site and my bike isn`t affected--so I assume it must only be a batch of bikes with certain VIN numbers that have problems. For those that have had problems--did KTM contact you direct?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I didn’t receive any notification, it was done while the bike was in for the my ride software update. They handed me the original part when I collected the keys off them, didn’t even know they were going to do it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a link to the site?
Not sure which site you mean---if you want to check whether your bike needs work done go to official KTM UK site. In the service and safety section you can input your bike`s VIN number and delivery certificate number and it`ll tell you whether there is work needed. There`s also a record of your bike`s service history.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
Delivery certificate what’s that?
Err ooo erm ahh it's a tough one....perhaps a certificate that's given to you when it's delivered? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: InfiniteCharlie

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well exactly as in I didn’t get one!
You should have been given a delivery certificate (mine`s A4 sized 3 page printout) with the service book ,manual etc. by the dealer when you got your bike.It records the bike`s details, dealer details, warranty details and work done during the PDI . My dealer tells me this certificate is needed to validate the warranty. I`ve had 4 KTMs in the past 12 years and all had a delivery certificate.
Having said that, I`m fairly sure some owners have posted elsewhere that they didn`t get the service book and were told all service records are to be computerised?
My bike was in the first batch my dealer received (delivered in May) so maybe things have changed with later batches. Perhaps the delivery cert is only online now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok found it now, however when I checked it left me a bit puzzled....

There were two lines of text, one saying no recalls outstanding and the other saying delivery code not found???

Did you guys get the same?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok found it now, however when I checked it left me a bit puzzled....

There were two lines of text, one saying no recalls outstanding and the other saying delivery code not found???

Did you guys get the same?
No-- 2 lines of text. 1st one said no recalls outstanding for your VIN number 2nd one confirmed first service ( "flexible service" ) had been done.
Make sure you`ve used the number prefixed by ID Top right corner of the delivery cert.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I better check mine when i can be arsed, hopefully its ok, i really cant be arsed to arrange taking the bike in. To be honest if it wasn't for this thread I would of been non the wiser :rolleyes: . Makes me wonder how many people that are not on forums are actually going to be aware of this problem.
I guess if its that important they should send out a posted letter or email :unsure:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts