KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 sdr which has the full akky system fitted from new at the dealer. The sas system has been deleted etc.
I did ask the person I bought it off if it has the akky map uploaded and they said yes. No reason not to believe him as he was the original purchaser of the bike. I am the second owner.

Now, in my opinion the throttle snatchiness is all over the place.

How good is the akky map and is it worth swapping to a pc5. I have messaged P3 tuning and they can supply me with a pc5 with one of their maps pre installed to suit the full system.

Would it smooth out the throttle response?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had mine done at P3, the Akra map isn’t to far off, pretty much the same until later in the rev range

Custom tune on a dyno is the way to go
Cheers.

Also is the akra map installed as a matter of course if you have the full system fitted at the dealer? Or only if the customer asks for it.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
531 Posts
Cheers.

Also is the akra map installed as a matter of course if you have the full system fitted at the dealer? Or only if the customer asks for it.
Should be loaded as a matter of course. It's part of the kit along with the SAS delete and air filter. Won't run right without it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Custom map is the way to go why would you want to purchase a pc 5 as now they are old technology best way is to get it on a dyno and get it custom mapped to suit you

·
Registered
494 Posts
Custom map is the way to go why would you want to purchase a pc 5 as now they are old technology best way is to get it on a dyno and get it custom mapped to suit you

As far as I am aware (after speaking to P3 tuning) you have to have a PCV to have a custom map (on a dyno) with gen 2 as they cannot alter fuel or ignition directly through the ecu. They can enable track mode and track throttle (or remove restrictions, depending on which way around you look at it 😁) and enable quick shifter, blipper, etc.

If you have other info stick it up on here, was a few months ago I spoke to them.

Fuck all wrong with the Akra map either if you don’t want to spend the dosh....should run nice if, as the lads say, you have everything else that goes with the system. 👊✊

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I’m a bit anal with throttle response too. It’s a very personal thing.

My previous bike I thought was snatchy, mate thought it was fine.

My SDR has been mapped by Jordan’s using tune ecu. Whether it’s as good as a p3 job is hard to tell. But I still prefer to ride it in track but with street throttle as I find the others too snatchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Akrapovič map is included in the price of the full system - I did all the mechanical changeover on my Gen.2 and vanned it to Premier Bikes for the map installation - absolutely no issues with the map at all, I run it in Track mode all the time, otherwise the anti-wheelie isn’t switched off. I don’t have any issues with snatchy throttle response. Might be worth taking it to a dealer to get the map checked. If the OP can find out from the previous owner where the system was bought from, the dealer should have loaded the map, worth asking if they’ll reload it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 2015 came with akra full system and all associated bits and bobs. It feels like a decent map to me. One thing I've noticed is the bike will do silly top speed and lift the front in third at illegal speeds when on the 'Rain' map. Now peeps reckon the rain map is restricted to 100bhp. There is no way that the bike will perform like this in rain mode if it was limited to 100bhp. The throttle response is so much nicer in rain mode though and 100% throttle is still 100% throttle. So this leads me to thinking the Akra map changes the differences between modes to throttle curve only, with fuill throttle being the same between modes. So I ride in rain mode. Its smooth, especially in traffic and round town. Has anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Akrapovič map is included in the price of the full system - I did all the mechanical changeover on my Gen.2 and vanned it to Premier Bikes for the map installation - absolutely no issues with the map at all, I run it in Track mode all the time, otherwise the anti-wheelie isn’t switched off. I don’t have any issues with snatchy throttle response. Might be worth taking it to a dealer to get the map checked. If the OP can find out from the previous owner where the system was bought from, the dealer should have loaded the map, worth asking if they’ll reload it.

The system was fitted by a redline motorcycles a ktm dealer. I've only ridden it in Sport mode at the minute. Track pack hasn't been activated. Performance pack has.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as I am aware (after speaking to P3 tuning) you have to have a PCV to have a custom map (on a dyno) with gen 2 as they cannot alter fuel or ignition directly through the ecu. They can enable track mode and track throttle (or remove restrictions, depending on which way around you look at it 😁) and enable quick shifter, blipper, etc.

If you have other info stick it up on here, was a few months ago I spoke to them.

Fuck all wrong with the Akra map either if you don’t want to spend the dosh....should run nice if, as the lads say, you have everything else that goes with the system. 👊✊
Hi I spoke to my bloke who does all the remapping on his dyno and he informs me that you don’t need a power commander anymore as he has the software to now get into the ecu on the gen 2 so the short answer is no need to buy a power commander anymore just take to a reputable remapper and they can do it all through the ecu now the garage I use is BSD performance based in Peterborough fantastic guys highly recommended

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I spoke to my bloke who does all the remapping on his dyno and he informs me that you don’t need a power commander anymore as he has the software to now get into the ecu on the gen 2 so the short answer is no need to buy a power commander anymore just take to a reputable remapper and they can do it all through the ecu now the garage I use is BSD performance based in Peterborough fantastic guys highly recommended
Also in reply to you saying they can enable the track pack also spoke to bsd about that to he says that they can’t enable the track pack due to ktm being sneaky have programmed it through the dash not the ecu so the track pack is dealer only, but they can enable the quick shifter and auto blipper as that is in the ecu I hope this makes sense

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
531 Posts
Moto Corsa down in Dorset (now a KTM main dealer) have full dyno facilities and can custom map Superdukes. The workshop manager had a gen 1 himself and has done both G1s and G2s. I know he can trim the progressive throttle on the gen 1 and take it to 1:1 if you want, because he did it on is own bike. Not sure what the options are with the gen 2 but they'll be able to tell you.
I'll be taking my gen 1 to them when I've fitted a DNA airbox.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Moto Corsa down in Dorset (now a KTM main dealer) have full dyno facilities and can custom map Superdukes. The workshop manager had a gen 1 himself and has done both G1s and G2s. I know he can trim the progressive throttle on the gen 1 and take it to 1:1 if you want, because he did it on is own bike. Not sure what the options are with the gen 2 but they'll be able to tell you.
I'll be taking my gen 1 to them when I've fitted a DNA airbox.

I've been looking into these induction kits.

The reason I started this topic is that last year I ride a 1290 with the rotty induction kit, decat akky slip on which had a custom map using a pc5 and was silky smooth on the throttle.

From the op mine has the full akky system with the akky map and it's no way near as smooth as the other bike.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
bizarre. my Gen 2 with full akra is fine , you want snatchy throttle , try a 990 SDR . like riding a rocking horse in town 😝 😂 😂 great fun

·
Registered
15,980 Posts
They aren’t as smooth as one with the full hit, mine is like a triple / IL4, you’d never know it was a twin but it’s had the full treatment, Motohooligan/PCV/Dyno map/F Akky/SAS/O2 delete

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They aren’t as smooth as one with the full hit, mine is like a triple / IL4, you’d never know it was a twin but it’s had the full treatment, Motohooligan/PCV/Dyno map/F Akky/SAS/O2 delete

This is what I am saying, the bike I rode last year was much smoother than mine as it his at the minute.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts