KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at GPS dominator header / decat system.
Anyone tried this ? Planning on running this with Akra map , any thoughts if this works ok ??
Cheers in advance...

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
Gen 3 for racing?
Looks like it uses the short stock headers. So think of it as a decat system as opposed to a full system. Pipes will be same diameter I guess, but the question is, why wouldn't you get a bespoke map done?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye , just club racing .
It does use stock short headers .
Technology seems to have moved on a bit - my rc8 has custom map over Akra map with power commander & cylinders individually mapped - but not an option for gen 3 (?) .
Who / how would do a bespoke map ?
As I say , it's just club racing, part of the reason for getting the bike is because my 8 is so hard to take to trackdays due to noise testing, I may just put a can on & keep stock system to avoid the same situation.
Can't afford to put full Akra on just now ( or eat anything except beans ) , but the dominator is about end can money .

·
Premium Member
2020 Gen3 SDR
789 Posts
Not aware of anyone doing custom mapping for the Gen3 in the UK.... (anyone) please say if you know different.

If you decide to go the decat route i.e. with the Akra remap check that your /any localish KTM dealer is willing to flash the remap for you (against KTM policy which some dealers stick to;-)

NB: ....the full Akra for the Gen3 uses the oem short header pipes....and is FCUKing LOUD!

Just curious...who makes the GPS Dominator decat system?....can't find on Google :(

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Polish company, have listing on eBay .
I'm thinking running a decat without map could be bad ?
May go with the stock with a can for now .

·
Registered
832 Posts
Rapidbike module is now available for the Gen 3. You can get a custom map dialled in on a dyno or just let it tune itself over time.
I had 2 dyno maps created on a unit for my race pani R, one for full open system and a second for when the track needed db killers. Switch fitted on the bars to toggle between the 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts