KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard about this? Saw something on FB yesterday, looks like a wiring/loom issue underseat. I've ran my VIN this morning and there's a recall for mine but no details - I assume it's for this.

Probably worth checking yours to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I saw a video on YouTube a while ago of a Gen 3 catching fire from under the seat. It was also trying to start itself even though it was turned off.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
why was he trying to start it ??? when it was alight , has it got a sprinkler system I don't know about :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone heard about this? Saw something on FB yesterday, looks like a wiring/loom issue underseat. I've ran my VIN this morning and there's a recall for mine but no details - I assume it's for this.

Probably worth checking yours to be on the safe side.
Yes I had mine SD in for its first service last week and they said I must bring the bike in this week for work on the wiring.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
That's what happens when U have fire in the wiring loom it shorts wires together Battery live to Solenoid switch feed. Cables must be rubbing on the Frame or it's trapped somewhere or component fault I've noticed on the Power Parts they do a Fire Extinguisher kit :D
Products
I would have used my Sprinkler System I would have Pissed on it (y)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've seen a few fires like this where people have interfered with the wiring loom e.g. shortening the loom when fitting a tail tidy to get rid of excess wiring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Decided to give my dealer a call, they're aware of it and literally just starting the process of contacting owners and ordering the parts. Said that I should be getting a letter in the post with the details, so I guess I will have to wait until I receive that before I can book it in.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The fire is under the seat U would think the Main Fuse 30 amp would have blown Where's the Voltage Regulator the wiring to that might have been compromised

1 - 20 of 53 Posts