KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mines a 2021 model. Twice I’ve had MTC failure come up on the screen while out riding.
MCT fault covers everything, unfortunately it’s not allowed under I think EU rules to show what the fault is, dealer fix only.

The recall requires reworking of the lower tail section, some may require replacement of the loom.
There is also a second recall on the exhaust cables rubbing in the rear brake hose/fitting

·
Registered
102 Posts
If the wiring needs to be replaced that sounds about right. Its just inspection at this stage. Sounds like the trainee has routed the wiring on a few bikes incorrectly so they all have to be inspected.
Been told my VIN should be ok, but it’s still needs checking, my bike was registered beginning of March last year, so an early vin if the do t make the whole production run in one hit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shift shaft, battery and exhaust cables, should be a good day at the dealers. Good to get out on the new adventure in April.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ll wait for my letter then drop it down to the dealer if it needs recalled, new bike with full warranty so no big deal. My days of getting hysterical over a motorbike recall are long gone, some people are going ape on a few FB pages I’m on..poor souls 😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ll wait for my letter then drop it down to the dealer if it needs recalled, new bike with full warranty so no big deal. My days of getting hysterical over a motorbike recall are long gone, some people are going ape on a few FB pages I’m on..poor souls 😂
I’m sure it’s just a one off but KTM have to do a recall. I’ve got to go the the shop anyway to pick some power part up

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine is just coming up to a year old and only done 850 miles, plenty with thousands more that haven’t had an issue, so I may wait till next service is due.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Mine is just coming up to a year old and only done 850 miles, plenty with thousands more that haven’t had an issue, so I may wait till next service is due.
The story of lockdown

21 - 40 of 67 Posts