KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Mine is just coming up to a year old and only done 850 miles, plenty with thousands more that haven’t had an issue, so I may wait till next service is due.
Exactly, I doubt in terms of volumes many have been catastrophic but the risk is there. I'm not overly concerned if I'm honest but at MY convenience I'll take it into a dealer for a once over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got it as a 600 mile 6 month old ex demo, so I’ve only actually put about 250 miles on it since end of September!
I got mine in September, A demo with 250kms on the clock. So far its done 9500 kms, I've also just brought (3 weeks back) a new multi 950S, its now done 3500kms.......It would have been more on the bikes but bike riding days are also good fishing days. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Had a recall letter in the post today for said wiring harness and advised to contact my dealer to arrange an inspection etc.

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 SDR
683 Posts
had the recall letter today :rolleyes:
....nice to see the admittance that this is a serious 'quality defect'.......but one piece of essential information missing - guidance as to whether riding an affected (subject to this recall) bike is ok or not :oops:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
booked in Colwyn Bay next month , James on service said could take a couple of hours , a loan bike it is then :p

·
Administrator
9,443 Posts
Mines booked in week after next although today I got a MTC failure message and most of the functionality of the left hand switch gear has stopped working.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Any minute now Wazza will tell you how good these Gen 3's are

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Mines booked in for the end of March (first slots they had)... Checking the reg they say there's another update also (only just had it's first service and an update then) which will take 50 mins, then anything up to 4 hours for the recall itself, however if the bike requires a new loom they don't hold stock as they're expensive and KTM won't allow returns apparently?!?!? So potentially in a worse case scenario I could take my bike in and end up without getting it back until KTM supply a new loom and the workshop can fit it in???

Let's hope there's nothing much to do eh?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was due to take delivery of new Gen 3 on Monday. Its not happening. Delayed leaving the factory for dealership. Probably because they've had to rewire it.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I was due to take delivery of new Gen 3 on Monday. Its not happening. Delayed leaving the factory for dealership. Probably because they've had to rewire it.
and replace the MTC system

41 - 60 of 104 Posts