KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Send him a message and ask, I bought one that looked dubious but everything checked out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nothing wrong with that add, its an auction with a low starting price, the offers options using common sense means above his starting price. To be honest I don't no why people start things cheap, start the thing where you would let it go at your lowest possible option and then hope for the best.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree with what you are saying.....but the original ad ended with 1 day left stating it was no longer available..... then re appeared the following day starting from 7 days again.
I thought Akro versions were a rare variety and would command a good price, surely the seller knows this and put a starting bid more than 5k.
Looks like keeping an eye on it again

·
Registered
115 Posts
Agree with what you are saying.....but the original ad ended with 1 day left stating it was no longer available..... then re appeared the following day starting from 7 days again.
I thought Akro versions were a rare variety and would command a good price, surely the seller knows this and put a starting bid more than 5k.
Looks like keeping an eye on it again
That's not a big red flag to be honest. Someone agreed to buy it before the auction ended and in good faith he removed the add, said someone let the guy down hence new add.

That could mean the guy went round to collect and the bike was not to his liking so left without it. To be honest I don't no the value of these bikes as I have a bog standard rc8r on a 13 plate but as stated above just email the guy .

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
I asked straightforward questions. He just blagged answers. I then asked some more simple ones and then the add was removed as previously said.

No service history. Claimed he changed oil himself every couple of rides :rotflmao: and the standard slipper clutch never worked properly :wanker:. Couldn't tell me how long he had owned the bike or if it was registered in his name etc etc. And had no other pictures he could send.

Make up your own minds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked straightforward questions. He just blagged answers. I then asked some more simple ones and then the add was removed as previously said.

No service history. Claimed he changed oil himself every couple of rides :rotflmao: and the standard slipper clutch never worked properly :wanker:. Couldn't tell me how long he had owned the bike or if it was registered in his name etc etc. And had no other pictures he could send.

Make up your own minds.
Mind is made up.....bike does not exist, or he does not have it

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
To be honest I don't no why people start things cheap, start the thing where you would let it go at your lowest possible option and then hope for the best.
Although this one sounded fishy, I know why people start things cheap....

...It draws people in looking for a bargain, of you set a min of £6k hoping for £6.5k+ on a bike as it was the lowest you would accept you might not get a bid, at £5k the chancers will take a punt, along with some more serious folk, by £6k the chancers and those who desire something they cannot afford will of dropped away, but maybe a couple of more serious folk will be in a bidding war and get carried away - I bet many of us have paid over the odds for something in an auction at some point.

Personally I cannot be doing with all the wankers a cheap auction attracts and the million questions more serious buyers will want to ask about my too cheap to be true advert.

I just advertise at a reasonable price with a little bit of wiggle room as most folk aren't happy unless they knock you down a couple of hundred quid. I have sold all my bikes relatively quickly and easily either from Forums or Ebay Classifieds this way for over a decade.

I also never buy a bike from an auction as it seems the best way to pay over the odds for a piece of shit, although I am sure some bargains can be had that way, or I suppose if it was a bike that might be worth a lot to a very small band then getting them bidding is a good way to maximize your price - or get taken to the cleaners without a sufficient reserve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts