KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya all!

I've been looking out to buy an RC8, but I'm unsure which year model and is there any reason to get the R-model?

Basically a few questions:

- What are the main differences between the year models -08, -09 and -10?
- Is it worth paying 8000e more for the Akrapovic R-model? What do I really get other then more HP?
- Any experiences with having a passenger? Complaints? Is RC8 any good for having a passenger even short distances?
- Experiences traveling long distances with an RC8? Is 300km per day too rough for the physique with this bike?

I'm not really into speed, I have an impression that the main difference between the year models is HP increase. Am I right?

If that's the case, I'm more than happy with the 150hp+ the 08 model has to offer. Then if there's very big differences in other ways I'd have to go for a more recent one.

I used to have a Kawasaki ZRX1200R which is a very comfortable and good bike. But once I saw the KTM I want it. It's a beauty and what I heard it's ergonomic too, which is a key factor for me especially now that I'm going for a supersport bike.

Thanks for the help in advance, I really might joing your RC8 "club" next April.

-Aki

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
(give me strength) :D

Leaves for somebody else to respond, lol

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I'm sorry, it's been a stressful week. Welcome to the nuthouse though :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm not really into speed
Go for something else then....

It's quite single minded, though it is relatively comfortable.

This question gets asked almost daily, if not weekly. Have a look at some of the previous versions of your question and you'll quickly understand why the regulars get a bit bored of repeating themselves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry...

...I thought I had multiple questions concerning a lot more than just differences between year models. But hey thanks for the support.

I'll be sure to ask for help again. =)

And I'm propably not going for something else than RC8 'cos it's so beautiful.

-Kaz

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Kaz, don't take offence fella. All the answers are on here somewhere. However, seeing as you're sulking ;)

Year differences... been there too many times sorry and just can't be arsed.

For what you're looking for (ie, not bothered about the speed) don't bother with the Akra R unless you just want something a bit different. They come with engine mod kits giving more power which you're not bothered about.

I carry a pillion a bit. No complaints. Plenty comfy enough providing they can climb up there.

Long distance on the RC8 is a breeze :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! what a flood of relevant search results I got! Like zero.

keywords "rc8 year model", "rc8 year make", "rc8 differences", "rc8 ergonomics", "rc8 buy"... nothing relevant.

anyone want to give me links to these oh so common questions and answers to them? or please just answer mine?

...honestly getting a bit annoyed.

Thanks.

-Kaz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tony,

finally something even a little helpful.

So the basic RC8 -09 model could be a good choice?

I could get a sweet deal on that one with a 7000km on the meter and all services and needed parts exchanged as they should be.

What do ya think?

-Kaz

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Basic 09 RC8 is an awesome bike (as is the 08 and 10). I haven't ridden an R version, but I honestly don't need or want anything more than the non-R offers (apart from those sexy foooking wheels)

Now get off your period and stop whining like a woman (no office LilTuffGirl, lol)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Aki

Basically a few answers:

- What are the main differences between the year models -08, -09 and -10? not a lot that you would notice
- Is it worth paying 8000e more for the Akrapovic R-model? What do I really get other then more HP? No as you don't want or need the extra horses
- Any experiences with having a passenger? Complaints? Is RC8 any good for having a passenger even short distances? Bint needs to be 6 stone with an arse like a postage stamp as they are like all superbikes - high position not designed for two up touring, short hops would be fine
- Experiences traveling long distances with an RC8? Is 300km per day too rough for the physique with this bike? I have done over 300km in a day and i am an old bastard, no problems

Hopefully this will help you on your way to an RC8 purchase and as you seem to have a bit of attitude, if it does not you could just feck off and find the info somewhere else ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I gotta say thanks fellas, now was it so haaaard? =D

No really Tony and Den you are super guys, big up! Definitely helped me and I'm off tomorrow for a test drive with the above mentioned RC8 -09.

Thanks. =)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Watch out for water pump seals and dodgy pillion seats on 08 bikes....see some useful advice here...probably pick a lot more info up if you spend time reading the negativity thread if u can be ar$ed to read 183 pages (yawn).......has everything else in there and won't end.

Oh forgot to mention Damodici thinks they are shit bikes ;)

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
now was it so haaaard? =D
Only when it's every 3rd day ;) Enjoy the test ride - you need a coupe of hours on one ideally - they can take a bit of ketting used to

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
WOW! what a flood of relevant search results I got! Like zero.

keywords "rc8 year model", "rc8 year make", "rc8 differences", "rc8 ergonomics", "rc8 buy"... nothing relevant.

anyone want to give me links to these oh so common questions and answers to them? or please just answer mine?

...honestly getting a bit annoyed.

Thanks.

-Kaz
I must admit i find the search facility to be about as much use as a chocolate teapot, I know i might be thick but I have never found sod all on it !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Aki

Basically a few answers:

- What are the main differences between the year models -08, -09 and -10? not a lot that you would notice
- Is it worth paying 8000e more for the Akrapovic R-model? What do I really get other then more HP? No as you don't want or need the extra horses
- Any experiences with having a passenger? Complaints? Is RC8 any good for having a passenger even short distances? Bint needs to be 6 stone with an arse like a postage stamp as they are like all superbikes - high position not designed for two up touring, short hops would be fine
- Experiences traveling long distances with an RC8? Is 300km per day too rough for the physique with this bike? I have done over 300km in a day and i am an old bastard, no problems

Hopefully this will help you on your way to an RC8 purchase and as you seem to have a bit of attitude, if it does not you could just feck off and find the info somewhere else ;)

I have travelled 1400 miles in 4 days, no aches or pains except in the ears from the Bloody exhaust (QD)!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Forgot to mention!!!......Dont buy a White one....They are a lot slower...PMSL :scooter::rotflmao:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts