KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all....

I've been running my bike on 40:1 mixture but i think the carb might need setting.

Sometimes when I open her up from a closed throttle there is a flat spot right at the point of opening, then it picks up againa after a second.

Any ideas?

Also, what tyre pressures does everyone run on? I got a puncture on sunday and it pretty much ruined the day so I'm going to order a mousse for the back.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
250 EXC 2006, the manual says 40:1-60:1

·
Registered
887 Posts
I always ran 50:1 on my 2006 250exc with no problems whatsoever...;)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
You need to be revving a 2T to keep the plug clean ....Wait until you're used to riding a 2T before you touch anything.

Where you ride, what tyres you use and how heavy you are all affect what tyre pressures you can use.

15 psi Fr+Rr is what i use but im on the heavy side and mainly ride rocks and hardpack terrain.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Revving a 2t!!!!!!! the jettings off m8 pm keV or call a reputable shop and ask for specs it could be as simple as dropping the needle. ( raise the clip)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe the manual says to use 60:1 using a quality synthetic but CAN be run down to 40:1 in the event you use a lower quality oil (not recommended) most people go half way at 50:1.

By running more oil you are actually reducing the amount of fuel in the mix and therefore running the mixture leaner ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Mooses are an option, lots of people use them and like them. Some say they make the front end in particular feel a bit vague, you cant adjust your tyre pressures to suit the terraine, and if you ride on the road with them apparently they get hot and fall apart. And they can be a bit tricky to fit, until you've got the hang of it.
Alternatively, invest in some HD tubes - Continental 6mm, or something similar. A pucture can be easily fixed on the trail. Carry a spare front tube, can be used in both wheels,

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a bit heavy aswell. just ordered some new springs from k-tech 90N for the back and 4.6 for the front

Think I'll try upping the mixture when the tank is empty!

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I'm 84 kgs without gear i run a 76 rear and 4.6 in the front with 2 turns of preload, and the rear preload is around 98mm and the bike handles awesome, get the spring rates right then ponse about with the clickers, when you have the correct spring settings the bike is balanced and should make you want to stand up most of the time, meaning you can push harder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts