KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've got a GoPro HD and it's great, very happy with it. It's easy to use, has great picture quality, very little wind noise on the bike with it and you get loads of mounts to play around with. I've got a kingston 16 GB memory card and I've been told the batteries will run out before it fills the memory card, apparantly you will get 2.5 hours to a charge. Don't have any experiance with the Contour HD though.

I bought my GoPro from this US seller and asked him to label it as a cheap electrical gift so I saved loads on buying it in the UK. Only took 4 days to get to me, was over the weekend too.

GoPro Motorsports Hero WIDE HD Video Camera-1080 P 5 MP: eBay Motors (item 170487840428 end time Sep-15-10 05:11:08 PDT)

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
There was loads of threads on here a few months ago about bike mounted cameras. Most of the preference seemed to swing towards the GoPro. Seth runs another forum all about cams. I'll find the site and post up a link

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
1 for the contour.. but the 1080 model.

Nice camera, easy to use as it has a slide on/off switch on top unlike the go pro whenyou have to check if the light is on.

Not cheap though, but quality never is.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so far then its 1-1 ,i must admit i fancy the contour but there seems to be a much more info on the gopro

i am still unsure what to spend my hard earned on

say brompton you got a link to some video with the contour ???

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Go Pro.

Hein as both, and we used them both on the bikes.

Contour was unreliable at best.

Didnt like bike vibes, so only really worked mounted to the helmet.

We ran 2 Go Pro's at Rowrah recently and it was perfect. So many mounting options too!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I don't own any of these but I was thinking as well.. my conclusions was the following (for the 1080 models):

Contour HD
+ great mounting helmet option
+ size
+ ease of start recording button
- not so wide angle

GoPro
+ very good angle
+ underwater case
- size
- helmet mounting options

My conclusion was that I prefer the specs of the GoPro but really don't like its helmet mounting option at all comparing to ContourHD.

Now that I have diver license and fancy some underwater pics or vids I would go for the GoPro.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
GoPro HD,i'd post a link to a few of my test vids but they're a bit on the naughty side so no can do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My conclusion was that I prefer the specs of the GoPro but really don't like its helmet mounting option at all comparing to ContourHD.
I don't understand what you mean by this? You can use the suction cup or the stick on mounts then you click the camera on so you can mount it anywhere on a helmet, even upside down and you can set it to record upside down.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
.......even upside down and you can set it to record upside down.
I thought that the update for the GoPro HD wasn't out yet for upside down recording?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Go Pro.

Hein as both, and we used them both on the bikes.

Contour was unreliable at best.

Didnt like bike vibes, so only really worked mounted to the helmet.

We ran 2 Go Pro's at Rowrah recently and it was perfect. So many mounting options too!!

this from a chap who in a previous thread on the subject was a contour man through and through, i think he's seen the light, and its Go Pro HD
Ive got a Go Pro HD and love it, i even had a 60mph crash on the road and it survived unharmed

·
Registered
63 Posts
Review of HD video action cameras in the Sunday Times - In Gear section today. Their 'Best Buy' is the Drift Innovation HD170 - 4/5 stars, but "The sound quality, meanwhile, is dreadful". ContourHD 4/5 easy to use but not waterproof; GoPro Helmet Hero HD gets 3/5, - "best choice for water-sports fans" :eek: (what-ever floats your boat I suppose;)).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I don't understand what you mean by this? You can use the suction cup or the stick on mounts then you click the camera on so you can mount it anywhere on a helmet, even upside down and you can set it to record upside down.
Simply mate I meant that the contourHD has a fantastic mounting goggle option. The GoPro has a stupid bracket with sticker that you have to stick it on your helmet and it will be like a satellite dish :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts