KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought that's been going round my head for a while.

You know how cold boxes are made from two skins of plastic, well I was wondering if the Gobi paniers would work in the same way.

What I'm thinking is when going for an overnighter I could fill one or both paniers with a layer of ice cubes, then a layer of cider/lager tinnies more ice, more tinnies, bit of food if you must, and hey presto a mobile bar with cold refreshments.

Has anyone tried it??

:p

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
just go up north they dont need fridges

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've seen it done. You might need to put a drain spigot at the bottom of the case if you're using it to hold liquid, but you could just tip the ice out.

I'd use cold packs/ice bricks rather than ice since then you don't have to worry about anything melting.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yep done that at the HogRaost this year. Took me fecking ages to get all the water that leaked into the inner skin on one and the other just leaked (wouldn't of been much use in the dessert if I was going to use it for water, or is there another inner skin??) workd though, nice and cold beers and juice the following day. I would personally put a bin bag in it next time, as there will be a next time!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Snap. I used Tesco's finest ice to fill my biscuit tin panniers with ice cold scrumpy jack at the Hograost. Stayed cold for ages so should work a treat with double skinned boxes.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts