KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a set of trail tyres to put on my 08 EXC 450 for the summer to use on road and a bit of light dry greenlaning.

Could I get some recommendations?

Cheers, Matt.

·
Registered
389 Posts
me dad swore by pirelli mt 21, said they gripped well on road and off road as long as it wasnt to muddy

·
Registered
373 Posts
MT21 rear and Enduro Cross Comp on the front... used it on the XR and it was just fine for all conditions. Mind I have had fabulous wear out of my Bridestone Gritty on the front of the KTM and its ok on the road. No knobbly is going to be great on the road

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Michelin AC10 Motocross Enduro Trail Tyres Mate thats all i will use!! cracking off and on road!!!
Found the AC10 quite good on a small 2 stroke ,absolute shite on anything else .MT21 i used to get about 1500 miles on a rear but that was on a big bike . I now use Mitas CO2 rear and EO9 front ,get around 4 - 5k on them doing the same type of terrain

·
Registered
288 Posts
Trelleborg Army special
T-644 Army Special

The rear works well on the road, rocky trails and light to medium mud. Never tried the front, though.

Please don't use an AC10 front. Although OK on open soft ground, in my experience, they're lethal on the road and suicidal to use on wet tarmac.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the reply guys

I'm actually using AC10s at the moment and do agree great off road, lethal on.

All these tyres seem pretty similar so guess it's just a matter of choice. The place I usually order from actually sells Michelin T63s, has anyone tried these?

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I have Maxxis maxxcross on my exc400 and the rear looks shagged after one good long day on the trail / road.

I've heard mitas last well, not bothered about on road grip, just longevity??

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
i've recently put a set of michelin T63's on my LC4, great in all conditions (especially rocky), except deep mud and wet grass. riding on the road is much smoother also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MT21's are lethal in the wet, marginal in the dry and vibrate like mad. Only found them good off road on rock/gravel

I'd go for Comp 4 Michelin front and Michelin AC10 rear. Fantastic combo for mixed road and off road (I ride to Enduros/lanes)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts