Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics:

Just installed it tonight; will try it out on a ride tomorrow... :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks... interesting? Frankly I was expecting it would be hideous and completely destroy the bike's (I know, controversial) looks.
It takes a little getting used to but I'm leaning towards being somewhat pleasantly suprised. I'm sure you'll post more pics so we can get used to it more ;)
Looking forward to your report on how it works. Remember not to exceed 100 km/h! :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Doesn't look tooooo bad Guy. Looking forward to your report

·
Registered
31 Posts
The new screen looks great ; the official KTM one I think is taller but I don't think it resembles the normal shape the same as the Givi one
I haven't had any real buffeting issues even up to 80 but then as a 5'7 rider I am sure the taller bloke does suffer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rode into work (10km on local roads) with the new screen today. So far it feels fine, but I won't be able to really tell about the effect on buffeting until I head out on the expressway. Maybe I'll even go over 100km/h! :p I'll post an update then.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Guy - let us know what it's like when you get up to the faster speeds (of course, nothing illegal!!!! ;))

Viper - I haven't seen an official KTM replacement. Do you have a link or pictures.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Viper - I haven't seen an official KTM replacement. Do you have a link or pictures.
I think he means the KTM Powerparts screen for the SM and SM-R.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thats bizzare, I've had one on order form Hein Gericke for 3 weeks and will be collecting and fitting tmrw.

I'll post reports as soon as, we'll see if Guy and me have the same thoughts/issues

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looking forward to seeing a pic of the whole bike with the screen & feedback of what it is like at high speed.
Also, what was the cost in the uk.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take better photos and try an expressway run this weekend. Hang on.

Also, I ordered from these guys and they had it to me in Japan by UPS in less than 2 weeks:

http://www.motocard-bike.com/en/windscreens/windscreens-givi-d750s.aspx

Also, the shipping costs were way less than what they show on the site! If you call them, ask for Daphne, she was very helpful.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looking forward to seeing a pic of the whole bike with the screen & feedback of what it is like at high speed.
Also, what was the cost in the uk.
Greg,

I ordered it from Hein Gericke, it cost around £80. It took 3 weeks due to shipping from GIVI in Italy
Just fitted it, as expected it took around 5 mins.
Not sure about the looks?
I'll post some pics tmrow and have a run out on it upto motorway speeds, feedback tmorw. Having messed around with with bigger/different screens on previous bikes I'm not expecting wonders!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guy,

Givi screen looks good.

Let's have your 'higher speeds' report ASAP.

It would appear your GIpro-x gear indicator has gone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guy,

No, i obviously need new double-glazing, i have spotted it now!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well here is my observation after 30 miles of A and B roads and some dual carriageway.:scooter:

First off, to my mind there is no such thing as a perfect screen.:confused:

For me, I need it to provide enough wind protection to allow a full day on the autobahn. I experimented with various screens on the 1400 GTR and each had their issues. Eventually I accepted that I needed to reach a compromise. This tall screen from GIVI seems better than average and will certainly be staying.:D

At 30 and 40 mph the screen is so good that I was having to open my visor to get some extra air in (don't forget it was 6 degrees outside)

Upto 60 mph there is still some wind roar but the wind blast is reduced and is fairly constant with less buffetting than I have experienced in the past.

At 70mph and above the wind protection is still as good. The buffetting starts to increase slightly as does the wind roar.

I am 6'0'' tall and found that by slumping in the seat a little and dropping my chin the buffetting was reduced even more.

The screen seems good enough to provide what I need for those long autobahn slogs to the Alps in day, so I can't ask any more than that.

Looks

This is a bit harder. At first it seemed a bit :wanker:

However I seem be getting used to and really quite like the look now. Some may suggest therefore that I have become a :wanker:

Overall, I'm rather impressed with my purchase I'll score it as 7.5 / 10. It has made the best road bike I've ridden or owned just that bit better.

Roll on the Euro blast's :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
The looks are growing on me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking Good!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics and for the riding impressions. I think it looks ok and as this is the only higher screen out there, I think I will have to get one.

Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is one from Puig as well, but good luck finding anyone who sells it.

I'll be doing my high-speed test today, and since I stand a mighty 5'8", I can provide the shorty rider opinion to contrast with "smt" who is 6 foot.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts