KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone suggest what the best GPS unit would be for laning? ive seen a Garmin street pilot 3 which is waterproof and desighned for a bike but not sure if it'll show lanes and tracks?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
GPS? Buy a compass and a map. Its far more fun and you will defo have a far better day out exploring going the wrong way.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
GPS? Buy a compass and a map. Its far more fun and you will defo have a far better day out exploring going the wrong way.
Romantic idea in this day and age .........

Do you think plod would be sympathetic ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have had a few GPSs for the lanes, my current choice is the Garmin 62st you can use the OS mapping on it which is great if your route is a little unclear on which way to go, it is button rather than touch screen, I have avoided touch screen due to having muddy/gritty gloves scratching the screen.
The street pilot 3 is slow at calculating, quite large and heavy for off roading and doesn't support OS mapping or the latest NT mapping as non-NT updates are being phased out by Garmin, it should be very cheap to buy as they are dated now so if it was damaged nothing major lost.
If your on a budget try and find an Garmin Vista/legend HCx or even a 60 Csx, these don't support OS mapping but do support NT mapping they are very reliable, waterproof and will withstand knocks and shocks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Romantic idea in this day and age .........

Do you think plod would be sympathetic ?
I think a map is better evidence and proof that you are making an effort to ride legal routes, but they are a PITA on a wet day and the physical size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts