KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SuperDuke GT needed first big service so used Holeshot in Salisbury. Really great service, booked me in within a week, confirmed price I’d pay, fitted me in first thing as I needed to wait (popped to town). Friendly staff, loads of bikes, good mechanics. Recommended.

·
Registered
973 Posts
They only recently started doing road bikes and I'm sitting on the fence at the moment. They are geared up for off road mainly and getting any spares is a tad weary as they have to order everything in rather than carrying stock. I needed a tyre and they wanted to order it (at the same price as every other tyre fitter charged supplied and fitted) and then charge me labour of an hour minimum.

As above though they quoted a price for a service, stated what they would do on that service and sent me an e mail confirming it all.

Can't fault the staff for their friendly attitude. I do hope they succeed as they are handily placed for me.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I've got a first service coming up and am undecided between Holeshot and Motocorsa. There is not a lot in the distance and I'm considering buying an EXC so was leaning towards Holeshot

·
Registered
334 Posts
They - Holeshot - are the leading contenders for my 890R order so far. I’ve contacted Holeshot, Premier Bikes and SP Motorcycles. I filled in a web contact form for each of them one after the other early yesterday evening.

Holeshot got back to me with a call followed by an email by 11:30/12 noon today, and Premier left me a message an hour later but I can’t seem to get through to the guy that called - maybe he will call back again now I’ve left him a message this time. SP Motorcycles - no response at all - which is a shame because they’re my most local dealer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
They - Holeshot - are the leading contenders for my 890R order so far. I’ve contacted Holeshot, Premier Bikes and SP Motorcycles. I filled in a web contact form for each of them one after the other early yesterday evening.

Holeshot got back to me with a call followed by an email by 11:30/12 noon today, and Premier left me a message an hour later but I can’t seem to get through to the guy that called - maybe he will call back again now I’ve left him a message this time. SP Motorcycles - no response at all - which is a shame because they’re my most local dealer.
Pop on and speak to SP Motorcycles in person. They are nice chaps and always up for a good deal.

·
Registered
488 Posts

Are you buying a 2022 or trying to get a deal on a 2021?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I have had 2 new and 1 used bike from Premier and they have been very good.

It is still a family owned firm, but has grown a lot, when I bought my first bike I got to know the names of everyone in the shop, because there was only about 4 of 'em, new place is very big, and very busy, but still get a warm welcome.

Don't think it matters who you talk to at Premier, they have several people in sales who should all know what bikes they have available and the prices, or if you want to feel important call back and ask for Darren as he is the sales manager, but I bought one bike from him, another from a fella who has since left and one from Andy the owner - all great deals.

They have always looked after me and been very helpful, plus it is my local dealer so a no brainer for me to go there, always better to buy fairly locally if you can - assuming the deal is competitive and you think the dealer is good / will look after you, but I would rather have a trek to a dealer I trust than use one I don't.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

It is still a family owned firm, but has grown a lot, when I bought my first bike I got to know the names of everyone in the shop, because there was only about 4 of 'em, new place is very big, and very busy, but still get a warm welcome.

Don't think it matters who you talk to at Premier, they have several people in sales who should all know what bikes they have available and the prices, or if you want to feel important call back and ask for Darren as he is the sales manager, but I bought one bike from him, another from a fella who has since left and one from Andy the owner - all great deals.

They have always looked after me and been very helpful, plus it is my local dealer so a no brainer for me to go there, always better to buy fairly locally if you can - assuming the deal is competitive and you think the dealer is good / will look after you, but I would rather have a trek to a dealer I trust than use one I don't.
agree I really like them too. Problem is the wait for service date is quite long this year. I needed two jobs doing and wait was about 4 weeks I think.

Blade in Swindon are not great so having an option with good availability is great. I’m in the middle of all 3 roughly

·
Registered
334 Posts
Pop on and speak to SP Motorcycles in person. They are nice chaps and always up for a good deal.
Yes, I have heard the same as well. However since they have a website with online contact forms, they should be on the ball with replying to enquiries as a core part of their business. Unfortunately they have also mucked me about previously with test rides for another marque, and I wasn’t impressed with that. They are my nearest official KTM dealer though…..

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I've used SP and are ok apart from them telling me that I had to book a service (which was not needed) before they would fit a new dash under warranty. I then booked the service as they told me the dash would be in the following week. So I booked and made the 75 mile trip and waited 3 odd hours for them to finish the service and as I was paying they said "oh by the way the dash is not in" :mad:

I really miss all the guys at Sideways !

·
Registered
334 Posts

That is very true. I bought my one and only brand new bike from Premier when I lived in Surrey. It’s my 950SM and I still have it, 15 years later. I believe I dealt with Darren at that time, and he did a good deal then. I have always had good dealings with Premier Bikes, and that is why I am still considering them, even though they are a fair trek away from me now - I live on the Somerset/Devon border. If I do the get 890R from them, getting it home initially, and then back there for the first service will use up about 300 miles of the initial run-in 600 miles……That’s a lot of lanes but I cant see that being a big problem :)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yes, I have heard the same as well. However since they have a website with online contact forms, they should be on the ball with replying to enquiries as a core part of their business. Unfortunately they have also mucked me about previously with test rides for another marque, and I wasn’t impressed with that. They are my nearest official KTM dealer though…..
I have had a few issues with contacting them in the past and when I went upstairs I said I was looking for a 690 smc or a 300 exc and I was pointed in the direction of a bike to sit on and that was that. I don't like pushy salesmen but a bit of interest would have been nice.

Fowlers had a very poor attitude.
Had a good buying experience with M&P.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Bad form, replying to my own post, but…..on another question:

When I booked a service for the 950 at SP, they insisted that I should leave the bike with them for two days, so that the cam cover sealant would be completely set. That would have been extremely awkward for me. I’ve not had that before from other dealers/service places. Is it common?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts