KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Currently got an order in with holeshot for an 890R (2022) I'm smack bang in the middle of them and Trevor pope in gosport.
Probably the one I was given a price for ;). However Premier Bikes came through with a better offer, so my deposit has gone in. Just gotta wait a couple of weeks now :)

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Years ago a bloke I know told me he would put nail varnish on the rocker cover bolts, he caught out a local Honda dealer this way, they were stumped when he asked how they managed to remove it without cracking the varnish.

I worked in a (different) Honda dealer when the VFR750 came out, we had a special tool for the valves, one of our mechanics knew the mechanic at the aforementioned outfit from college days, he said the boss at the other one refused to buy the special tools and come tappet check they would just charge an extra couple of hours labour and not touch them.

I know some car mechanics and they all have stories about short-cuts and cons they have ether been asked to do, or guys will do to get more bonus, one said he worked with a fella who had a trick for everything, made himself a tool to fit in to rocker cover gasket and clean it up with a quick run-around to make it look as if it has been off.

Local indie bike dealer is the only one I 100% trust as I have been going there for 35 years, never had a problem and can stand and watch them work if I want.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Awesome, have you been given a date? Still unsure when mines arriving. I put the order in mid March.
I was told “three or four weeks”, by Darren at Premier Bikes, a week ago now. I think (hope) that there is an incoming shipment of bikes to the UK in that period, because that was more or less the possible delivery date that Billy at Holeshot gave me too. Fingers crossed eh…:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got my superduke from holeshot it was a nightmare, everything from picking the bike up to being overcharged for the 1st service. Will go to motocorsa next time and you get lifetime warranty with them.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Had the 690 smc first service at Holeshot today - couldn't fault the service. On arrival I was offered a hot or cold drink and then they were happy to spend time discussing a possible trail bike purchase.(unlike Fowlers or SP that don't appear to want to sell bikes)
Lovely air conditioning so perfect for a day like today.
I was charged exactly as quoted and they also reprogrammed the quick shifter as I said it sometimes missed a change.
They even offered to wash the bike which I declined as it was done the day before.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got my superduke from holeshot it was a nightmare, everything from picking the bike up to being overcharged for the 1st service. Will go to motocorsa next time and you get lifetime warranty with them.
Moto Corsa showroom is presently closed with no explanation. There is speculation that they are going into administration :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cafe Corsa Facebook page says the cafe is hoping to open next week some time.

Moto Corsa Facebook page says they are "temporarily closed" and give no clue as to reopening. Their workshop is open, but i've read they do not seem to be answering the phone.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mike RdC also has another business in Dorset called 'Classic Corsa' works on classics of the 70s and 80s. And there's another business called Superior Motorcycle Experience which offers tours of Dorset on Royal Enfields..and has hosted 'Girl on a Bike' Vanessa on YouTube... that appears to be associated with MotoCorsa.

The partner in the MotoCorsa business is a very clever and wealthy medical doctor called Geoffrey Guy...he has an entry in Wikki, has published various research papers, and feature articles about him have appeared in the posh papers.

He also appears to be the finance behind Spirt...which makes GP2 bikes in Shaftesbury. Chief engineer at Spirit was formerly involved with FTR.

Someone clearly piled a load of money into MotoCorsa in Gillingham. Probably Dr Guy. It will be a great shame if it has all gone pop, but as a chap who lives in Gillingham said to me they really needed a major franchise like Triumph to pull enough punters in to justify the investment. The cafe was always busy, he said, because it was a nice ride out from Poole/Bmth in one direction and Bristol/Bath in another, but translating coffee buyers into MV Augusta buyers is clearly not an easy task.

I suspect Classic Corsa will carry on, hopefully things are structured so the whole lot doesn't go down the plug. And I hope no one gets stung too hard by debt from the closure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Spoke to Kate at the workshop today regarding my warranty claim, the workshop manager Dave has taken over the workshop himself keeping most of the staff on, but they are no longer KTM franchise so can’t do any servicing for warranties or warranty claims, same for Aprilia ,moto guzzi and royal Enfield,
The showroom and clothing department have gone into liquidation , the cafe is now open again..

21 - 38 of 38 Posts