KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads I need a pair of tyres for my excf250 and do green laning around the high peaks.
Can anyone recommend a pair of tyres around the £130 mark that are half decent, current sizing is 90/90/21 and 120/90/18 if anyone thinks Its worth changing sizes too?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Michelin Trackers work well for many, last quite well and are fairly cheap.

The trackers come up fairly large on sizing, I run a 120 rear on my FE350 at the moment, I did have the 140 before and it looked big, the 120 tracker when measured on the rim is about half way between a 120 and a 140 Michelin Medium, so in effect it is more like a 130.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yep, Trackers for me too!

Reactions: glenandem

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Trackers on a budget

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use Trackers and I ride mainly in the Peaks and they grip well enough for me, wear seems decent too and you will get them for well under your budget.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice one lads looks like trackers it is, where's best to order them from?
was looking at these mitas on eBay but read mixed reviews-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324468335972?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
nice one lads looks like trackers it is, where's best to order them from?
was looking at these mitas on eBay but read mixed reviews-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324468335972?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Demon Twits sell the tyres but there must be loads of places you can get them. As to Mitas and other 'proper' enduro tyres, well they may well be a bit better for grip than the trackers but if you are green lanning (like I do) you will chew through any enduro tyre in no time at all due to the tarmac work between the lanes and once they are half worn then a Tracker would be way better anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers bud, yes we do a fair bit of roads in between the paths and as were still newbies were still not finding the full trails yet lol
was just looking on google and my size rear 120 80 18 seems to not be in stock anywhere but can find a 120 90 18.
would I be ok going with this size which I presume is just a slightly bigger sidewall?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies lads, I ordered a rear Michelin tracker from enduro tyres today, they didn’t have a front in so I need to find one of them somewhere in a 90 90 21.
Is It worth dropping to a 80 front tyre or is a 90 best for green lanes?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thanks for all the replies lads, I ordered a rear Michelin tracker from enduro tyres today, they didn’t have a front in so I need to find one of them somewhere in a 90 90 21.
Is It worth dropping to a 80 front tyre or is a 90 best for green lanes?
I use 80 or 90 enduro tyre on the front tracker rear depends what's cheap at the time..I have a Metz six days on the front a mitas yellow stripe on another and a kenda on another...they are all good for trail riding

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers for the replies lads, fitted the 120 tracker tyre this morning, seems very stiff and oily to a few I’ve fitted in past but sure it will be harder wearing, thinking maybe I should have tried squeezing a 140 in next time, just got a 90 front on order now so will plonk that on next few days
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Crankset Bicycle tire

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking good my man 👍 I wish my mrs let me keep my bikes in the house 😀
haha I’ve just got rid of my fireblade sat in the spare room too, she knowsI work hard and it’s my only hobby so let’s me crack on as long as I don’t make a mess, I have to give it a good clean before I roll it in but it’s great working on it in the cold weather keeping warm😂

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cheers for the replies lads, fitted the 120 tracker tyre this morning, seems very stiff and oily to a few I’ve fitted in past but sure it will be harder wearing, thinking maybe I should have tried squeezing a 140 in next time, just got a 90 front on order now so will plonk that on next few days View attachment 42495
The 120s are a little smaller than the 140 enduro mediums, but the 140 trackers are massive in comparision
so much that i reckon it would actually rub

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
140 fitted my fe350 ok, but looked big, may of rubbed at front if chain adjusters fully forward, but width wise had about 1cm room each side.

If they made a 130 it would probably be perfect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts