KTM Owners Forum banner

GT Bodis link pipe install.

6K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  John.lucas60@btinternet.c 
#1 ·
Thinking of purchasing the Bodis decat for the GT. does anyone have a guide on how to do it and remove the exhaust valves etc? The Bodis comes with mechanical bungs for the sensors so it doesn’t throw a fault. Tried YouTube. Thanks.

#11 ·
P3 Tuning in Liverpool do a post in service for an ECU flash, they have done so many now that can offer a tune that matches your exhaust intake configuration. You can go in and have it further tweeked on their Dyno.
When I can get home mine is going in to them as I have a full Rotweiller intake, with PCV and ignition module to be fitted, but I might just try the base flash first as I believe they can alter the throttle response and activate the blipper on the Gen 1 GT

#17 ·
It is plug and play but on the GT (unlike the SDR from what I hear) you need to lift the tank as one connector is buried in wires by the tank bolts. I tried from underneath but there simply wasn't enough slack. You can then decide whether to leave the probes in (but they'll get carbonised) or remove them entirely and put in the blanking bolts.

I can't recall whether the dongle is but it's in here. I think it's the lighter connector towards the right under those earth straps.

#32 ·
You did do both didn't you? ;)

According to Rottweiler:

"It's actually quite simple. The stock ECU is set to lean out the fuel delivery to a very lean 14.7 air fuel ratio (AFR) under 5500 RPM and 20% throttle. Once the engine has reached a sufficient warm up the ECU 'listens' to the stock narrow band O2 sensors and looks for a particular signal to keep the bike in that lean condition. This causes heat issues from extremely hot header pipes, makes the motorcycle jerky at low RPMs and reduces power. The Rottweiler Fueling Dongles send a return signal to the stock ECU that keeps the low end fueling at a much better running 13.8 +/-. A mixture that translates into an overall better running motorcycle. "

#33 ·
Eh no
You did do both didn't you? ;)

According to Rottweiler:

"It's actually quite simple. The stock ECU is set to lean out the fuel delivery to a very lean 14.7 air fuel ratio (AFR) under 5500 RPM and 20% throttle. Once the engine has reached a sufficient warm up the ECU 'listens' to the stock narrow band O2 sensors and looks for a particular signal to keep the bike in that lean condition. This causes heat issues from extremely hot header pipes, makes the motorcycle jerky at low RPMs and reduces power. The Rottweiler Fueling Dongles send a return signal to the stock ECU that keeps the low end fueling at a much better running 13.8 +/-. A mixture that translates into an overall better running motorcycle. "
Eh no I did the front one ha I’ll do the rear tonight.

#35 ·
Looks like the second sensor is under the tank. I just don’t have the patience for that and I’ll know I’ll break something. I’ve already broke the housing for the inside bolt for the cornering light. I’m going to put the front O2 sensor back on for now in case it screws it up with only having one deleted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.