KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i tried to search the forum as I've no doubt this has been asked countless times, however I just get the search returned saying that some words have been left out of the search for being to short or popular...

I'm probably going to get another EXC 250f, but can someone guide me through the models by year. I've discovered that there was an RFS engine until 2007...what does this mean.

Which is the best one to get, for around £2k? Obviously i'll be looking for a well maintained one.

I'll be doing enduroland and motocross on it, until I get more pennies and buy an mx bike too.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
have a try of a 200exc, they are normally plentifull and you can pick a real nice one up in your price range loads of power but not too buzzy like a 125 or intimidating like a 250. The 250f, yeah, there was a little RFS one, that would be my choice for the price budget too. wouldn't overlook the 400, if you see a nice one they are a bit rarer and perpetually popular.

The RFS means it is slightly easier going than the later 250's quite a lot less maintenance and not a lot less power, the best of the 250's IMHO, they pop up from time to time, and are normally pretty popular.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Will keep an eye on this thread with interest too lean as much as I can.
250f - Does that mean 4 stroke?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts