KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they are coming thick and fast - did this on my 690 Enduro (before it went missing :mad: ):mad: the lads I did it with last year think it would be funny for me to do it on the 950SE....hmmmmmmmmm as I can't do the Cambrian perhaps......

anyone else entered?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right I'm entered in the Hafren (as the Cambrian clashed with another family event) going with a few guys from Norwich..as Team Barkshire KTM...anyone else doing it on a big bike? (looks like there's quite a few from the forum on smaller bikes)...

...anyway just interested to see who else was going because I'll probably need help to pick up the SE at some stage during the event and just want people to keep an eye out for me :D;)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you were doing the Cambrian Craig?
Clashes with a family event so couldn't do it...the Hafren seemed like a good alternative

·
Registered
90 Posts
Doing the Haffren as my shoulder wont stand up for 2 days of crashing in the Cambrian,see you there,doing it on the 640.Hope get further than the 9 miles i managed on the Brecons before twatting a tree and putting my shoulder out.

cheers Phill

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Right I'm entered in the Hafren (as the Cambrian clashed with another family event) going with a few guys from Norwich..as Team Barkshire KTM...anyone else doing it on a big bike? (looks like there's quite a few from the forum on smaller bikes)...

...anyway just interested to see who else was going because I'll probably need help to pick up the SE at some stage during the event and just want people to keep an eye out for me :D;)
I'll be there, but not on my SE - but on my lovely light GasGas.

I won't be picking y our SE up - 'cos I can't pick mine up !

I shall however be saying 'Hello' to Phil again.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like i might be having a ride out to the Hafren on sunday so i might see you chaps there ;)
Good stuff...and I'm in someone elses van this time so might actually make it to the venue this time :redface:

...but I will be keeping an eye on you as I don't want you striping down my bike for parts this time ;)

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Good stuff...and I'm in someone elses van this time so might actually make it to the venue this time :redface:
Are you intending to go to the Saturday night 'social' or are you driving up Sunday morning ?
The saturday social is generally a laugh, we've come second in the 'pub quiz' for the last four years - we only keep entering the Rally to try to win the bl&*dy quiz! :D:D
Last year we were 'beaten' by a Welsh team on the 'tie breaker' - strangely they knew the EXACT height of the London Eye....................;););)
Also you can 'sign on' on Saturday evening which reduces the time spent queueing in the rain on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well for me it was a non-event as I ended up F-ing my back up - Osteopath Friday and today has got me up right but still far from right...so all the associated costs and none of the fun

·
Registered
440 Posts
So how was the rally ?
Good weekend and a great rally with some fog that added to the 'test' in the morning. The fog disappeared in the afternoon to bright sunshine & the heady heights of 18C (Yes, Wales in October can be warm!!) There was only one big bike that I saw (950Ktm), didn't get a chance to talk to him so don't know if he was from here or not. Sorry you didn't make it Craig but there was a couple of bits that would have been a struggle with a big bike; well atleast with me on it.:D

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
So how was the rally ?
it was great fun. Glad I wasn't on the SE though. Most of the first lap was shite due to thick wet fog - couldn't see fook all. Discarded my goggles for the whole lap - something I try never to do due to risk of stones in the eye!

Once the fog cleared it was a blast. A brilliant days riding. The bod on the 950 Adventure deserves a medal if he did his laps!

Hard luck Craig !

Looked for Phil R - only saw one 640 Adventure & it wasn't Phil-not on the entry list either ??????

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Well for me it was a non-event as I ended up F-ing my back up - Osteopath Friday and today has got me up right but still far from right...so all the associated costs and none of the fun
GWS Craig.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The funny thing is I've lost just over a stone and have been running every other night for the last 2 1/2 months to get my fitness levels up...so this feels like a real kick in the pants...Osteopath has been great though (apart from his bill)....Fat bastard on bike didn't even cross his mind ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,109 Posts
You are right about the fog............. I wear glasses so it was really bad..... had to ditch the goggles and ride with exposed glasses; not good. All was good when the sun came out though.

·
Registered
685 Posts
That why i couldn't find you.

I rode down with two KTM 990's, A Triumph speed triple, Me on the GSA and a Yamaha RD250LC :D We hung around the pits for about an hour but only saw the chap on the 950 :(

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
16th for me!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts