KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, Traveled 450 miles and nine hours through the night to look at a CR500 with two mates. The pictures of the original pistonheads add made the bike look very good and worthy of his very low asking price. Whilst looking over the bike every part i touched to check he instantly said had renewed the bearings or seals where as they were fucked.. If you would like to spam him etc. I definatly wouldn't try to stop you, Arsehole wasted a day of our lives traveling from south east scotland to south wales.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Cheers, Marc

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nightmare mate! I see he has 100% feedback but they are 'buys' so really he,s got no selling feedback at all! I,v only had hassle once and wont ever deal with someone without alot of selling history!

It could have been worse and you could have bought it blind!

·
Registered
151 Posts
hold on aint he a member on here,that was trying to sell what looked like a stolen ktm engine,he was also offering an af500 like that

·
Registered
940 Posts
Know the feeling, travelled 200 miles to pick up a busa off ebay only for the seller to say "don't worry about the oil light staying on" if he wasn't worried why didn't he mention it in the auction :rolleyes:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ebay is full of shit like this, its the most unreliable, unsafe and expensive site on the net. Ebay dont care if stuff is nicked or dangerous they are just happy sitting back and taking your money.

I wouldnt buy anything off ebay that couldnt be sent in a jiffy bag via royal mail 2nd class service as you know if its expensive its going to be dissapointing.

I like the way ebay have stopped sellers leaving negative feedback, basically all they are doing is making out that all buyers are nieve little angels and all sellers are dodgy fire breathing demons waiting to a$$ f$$k the poor little darlings!

What a load of b$$$$cks

·
Registered
552 Posts
Same thread going on about this bike over on the MXtrax forum. Might be worth posting your actual findings there. Knowledge is power and all that.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
ive had loads of good stuff on ebay, luck of the draw I guess!!! at least you didnt have it posted!!! unlucky marcus, its been lingering on here for ages now... treat yourself to my 200 instead!!

·
Registered
15,366 Posts
He seems like a clever man, his grammar and spelling are first class . . .

I wouldn't sell anything without it being 100% bob on, I hate coonts like this . . .

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You should have posted it up on here and i could have gone for a look for you ,it seems he is only 20 miles from me .

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bike wasn't for me, it was for a mate, Was pissed off, I wish we had knew he was a member on here before wasting our time.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just posted on MXtrax. really really hope no one buys this heap. Post i posted

Hey, I posted the thread on the KTM forum, I drove from south east Scotland to south Wales. I must say what a waste of time, this bike is dangerous.

We went willing to pay the guy £1440 he was asking but after viewing i would struggle to let anyone pay more than scrap for it.

There is plenty to talk about and i could write for ever on this bike.
The problems:
Welding definitely was welded by a "profecinal",
All wheel bearings were knackered
Back wheel has three or four spokes missing
Back wheel had a few spokes loose, It was apparent that these had been loose for some time and they had worn slots into the rim.
Back shock was leaking oil
Front fork's leaked oil.
Main engine casing in front of the front sprocket had a hole and was filled with a Belzona metal putty type material, this leaked oil.
Every casing leaked oil,
Clutch was stiff and gritty feeling,
Clutch dragged,
Low compression,
Chain and sprockets were knackered,
Various bolts snapped and missing, I could go on but I don’t want to bore.

I really hope nobody buys this bike as an Investment like my mate was going to.

The advert makes the bike look half decent and i really hope no one gets it delivered.

Thanks, Marc

·
Registered
151 Posts
good on you,what gets me is how people got the cheek to let you travel all that way knowing the bike is a heap of scrap!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good on you,what gets me is how people got the cheek to let you travel all that way knowing the bike is a heap of scrap!
My sister said that as well, The only reason i can think of is that he thinks he will get a definate sale if we have came all that way.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have sold plenty of cars and bikes on ebay and discribe them best I can. If I know someone is coming along way then I think its better to over discribe something then kind of forget to mention this is fucked or that does nort work.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have sold plenty of cars and bikes on ebay and discribe them best I can. If I know someone is coming along way then I think its better to over discribe something then kind of forget to mention this is fucked or that does nort work.
+1

I sold my last van on ebay and it was fooked. Had to start it with easy start and it would cut out when driving along, turn it of and on then ud be on ya way again or if you had come to a halt you'd have to get the easy start back out. Explained it all on the ad some dude drove 4/5hrs to mine stuck a laptop on it which came up with a shed load of faults but still took it away for what he offered because it was exactly as i described. He never had to take it cause the auction hadnt finished.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
His hall carpet would have put me off even if his spelling had not already.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts