KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look into this forum almost every day and there are always updates and posts on all the other sections but this 790 group is very quiet! has everyone got fed up of reporting their issues or is this bike really that good and hasn't had any real issues at all?

Im going to test ride a 790r this month and hope that the issues are now in the past!!! I must say that there have only been a few reported ones ie tft screen, clutch, the odd oil leak and so on, so this bike seems to have weathered the storm.

Are you all still pleased that you bought the 790, or do you wish you had spent your hard earned on something else??

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
happy enough with mine, no problem apart from dash in the top corners getting misty, its about to go in for 12 month service so thought i will get clocks sorted but went up lockup yesterday and they are dry as a chip, looking at getting suspension revalved at some stage been quoted £300 plus parts, rage garage screen fitted, ktm heated grips (utter shite) givi lower light brackets but have since bought pegasis cyclops lights upper light bracket, the motor is stonking, i run in rally mode and the thing wheelies on the pipe in 1st and 2nd i have dragged my mate on a 1290 and its as quick tp 80mph a friend gets 250+ on a tank but i dont around 200 i am looking for a petrol station, but it does get ragged, if i drive it slow it can get 70mph or slightly less, but around 58 however hard you ride it

·
Registered
239 Posts
I look into this forum almost every day and there are always updates and posts on all the other sections but this 790 group is very quiet! has everyone got fed up of reporting their issues or is this bike really that good and hasn't had any real issues at all?

Im going to test ride a 790r this month and hope that the issues are now in the past!!! I must say that there have only been a few reported ones ie tft screen, clutch, the odd oil leak and so on, so this bike seems to have weathered the storm.

Are you all still pleased that you bought the 790, or do you wish you had spent your hard earned on something else??
Love mine. Had just under 12 months and put just over 5k on it. Only issue has been misty dash which I'll look at getting sorted during 12 month service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts