KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out on my 1290 Adventure S the other day when it was raining heavily. When I arrived at my destination I turned the bike off (kill switch & power button) and the headlight came on! When I turned the ignition back on the headlight went off, the DRL came on and the bike started normally. Turned the bike off and the headlight came back on.
The only way to turn the light off was to disconnect the battery. I guess that there has been water ingress into a sensor or wiring.

I have since unplugged the main looms into the ECU, next to the battery, and hot air dried them, but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
858 Posts
The daytime running light/parking light is integrated in the main headlight.The daytime running light (DRL) can be switched on when visibility conditions are good.Activate the daytime running light in the combination instrument. Control is provided bythe brightness sensor in the combination instrument. When visibility conditions are good,the low beam is switched off and the daytime running light is switched on. It is four timesbrighter than the parking light. When the daytime running light is switched off, it serves asa parking light.

Is your DRL turn off in the menu?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The daytime running light/parking light is integrated in the main headlight.The daytime running light (DRL) can be switched on when visibility conditions are good.Activate the daytime running light in the combination instrument. Control is provided bythe brightness sensor in the combination instrument. When visibility conditions are good,the low beam is switched off and the daytime running light is switched on. It is four timesbrighter than the parking light. When the daytime running light is switched off, it serves asa parking light.

Is your DRL turn off in the menu?
The DRL is currently turned on, although I have also tried it with it turned off. When the bike is on the DRL is on, or the headlight, as per the menu selection on the combination instrument. This issue only manifests itself when the bike is turned off / powered down. This is when the headlight comes on.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had this problem after I washed the bike. It fixed itself after several ignition on/off cycles. The fix may also be related to the switchgear drying out.
Not sure if there is an issue with the switchgear but it hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Wet switch gear ......had a similar problem with my 1190 in France after riding on the motorway in a torrent came to the pay booth could hear funny noise horn going off disconnected it and a day or so later it was fine...........can bus is a good idea but it dont like water

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Can bus isn't a good idea, it is an un necessary complication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts