KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is going on with "Swampy" Marsh Performance? He has the top end of my motor, exhaust pipes & intake manifold & a considerable amount of money belonging to me since last March for work that he says was done on my LC4 motor. According to him, the work was completed and ready to be mailed back to me last April. Over the past three months, I have tried numerous times to contact him by e-mail, text & phone, having left many messages asking to make contact but as yet he has not done so and still has my parts & money. I did get to speak to him briefly some weeks ago where he undertook to return the parts but still has not done so. At this point I'm desperate, so if you're reading this Martin, the gloves are off.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
he's still in business, i speak to him a fair bit, he is very difficult to get hold of though, the hardest thing about dealing with him is getting a bill off him and being able to pay for the work/parts he does, it normally takes a few week after i get my bike back to settle up with him
I'm sure there is a good reason why he hasn't been in contact

by the way when you say LAST MARCH, do you mean 2010 or 2011

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Swampy" Marsh Performance

I last spoke to him many weeks ago when he undertook to have a friend sort out my parts and mail them back to me. Still, I have not received them. At this point it looks like I have been fed a load of lies. I'm seriously pissed at being taken for a ride by this guy. He has the head, valves, exhausts & intake from my LC4 motor since last March along with £400. As you say you speak to him regurlarly, let him know the next time you speak to him that I want my parts & money back. You can also tell him that I will hunt him down & pursue him relentlessy until I get them. Thats not a threat, it a promise.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
you keep saying last this and last that, what year are we talking about

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi CTD,
All of this has happened since March of this year, 2011. The UK Police and the Trading Standards Council have been instructed. As I said above, I will pursue this relentlessy to get my property returned. It would make things so much easier for everyone if he would just acknowledge the messages that were left for him & return my property instead of trying to ignore me. If he thinks this is just going to go away he'd be best advised to think again.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
sounds like slash would rather gob off about a good guy and come all hard man with threats and shit

Reactions: Olllie and Griff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi CTD & Griff,
Im not "gobbing off" anyone, nor do I badmouth people. What I have stated is FACT. Do you think a "good guy" is someone who takes your parts and money under the pretences of doing work, fails to return the parts and then totally ignores all contact for nearly four months? As for you comment about "hard man, threats & shit", I dont make threats. Talk to Swampy, he can not deny any of what I have stated.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
GOBBING OFF
1) so if you're reading this Martin, the gloves are off.
2)You can also tell him that I will hunt him down & pursue him relentlessy until I get them. Thats not a threat, it a promise.
3) The UK Police and the Trading Standards Council have been instructed. As I said above, I will pursue this relentlessy to get my property returne
4) If he thinks this is just going to go away he'd be best advised to think again.

so you have talked
1) I did get to speak to him briefly some weeks ago
2)I last spoke to him many weeks ago

or have you?????
1) fails to return the parts and then totally ignores all contact for nearly four months?

get you story straight if your gonna badmouth anyone

he is very very busy for a one man band, why?????? coz hes fuckin good at what he does

i aint pissing up his back coz his work does speaks for itself

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hang about how did I get roped into this?? I've only heard good stuff about Marsh if a bit slow and communication not being his forte. Personally as I have been roped into this I'd love to know what manner you left these messages and spoke to him as if you spoke in a way you wrote I'd put the barriers up tbh - niceness counts especially when they have your stuff and money rather than threats and such like! But hey what do I know I've not been a party to any of the conversations nor this thread (apart from reading it) until you stuck my name on it.

Good luck getting your stuff back and hope all ends well and you can kiss and make up and live happily ever after :eek:)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Spinups engine Rebuild COST SWAMPY £43, that ain't bad when the engine builder is out of pocket and Den still moans like a twat coz he's tight as fuck

And he knows it

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
depends if you get what ya pay for innit. theres always 2 sides to the story, ctd hasnt had a bad thing witht he guy so he loves him but this other guys is obv unhappy lol. we all work hard for our money and things get heated when you get taken for a ride. hope it gets sorted.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
TATS when you say " so he loves him" hope you not trying to say I'm gay or anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Griff, you got roped in because a "Griff likes this" icon came up on CTD's message of the early hours of this morning. Please accept my appology if you inadvertently got roped in. To answer some of your thoughts/queries: All of the messages & e-mails that I left for Swampy were amicable & plesant. On 14th April of this year, Swampy told me during a phone conversation that all the work had been completed on my parts and that they were "in a box, ready for postage". Thats eleven weeks ago today! If what I'm told is correct, 1. Why have the parts not been returned? 2. Does it take eleven weeks to mail a parcel within the British Isles that when mailed to Marsh Performance arrived in three working days? 3. Why will he not answer his landline or mobile phone? 4. Why have all my voice & e-mail messages been ignored? I will stress again that all my communications were friendly & business like. I am not in the business of annoying or ripping people off, but can someone please tell me why I should not be extremley concerned when the history reads out like it has done?
I'm curious why CTD, a resident of the same town as Swampy has chosen to take the hard line of "minder" toSwampy when he knows little or nothing of the FACTS concerning my dealings with Marsh Performance? Or does he know more than he lets on to do? If you're so "in the know" CTD, contact Swampy and get his version of events.
As this tread has gotten somewhat out of hand thanks to another contributor, maybe its time to get Swampy in on the tread to see what he has to say. When all is said & done, all I want is to have returned what belongs to me, SIMPLE AS THAT. Finally Griff, again I offer my appologies for getting you roped in on this,as I have said before, everything that I have stated here is FACT. Thats all I have to say on the matter.

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
*pulls up a chair and opens a cool Peroni*

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ahhh that explains it - dunno how that happened as was only reading it unless I pressed it while scrolling on my phone - hence my confusion. As I said I haven't been party to the conversations I just hope some amicable conclusion comes to this issue. I personally would send a letter by special delivery which is counter signed and copies kept for reference and then you know it has been received. On CTD side I can see why he would be protective same as I have been for other companies where I have had a good service and/or know employees I trust and also know the frustration being on the other side where people are supporting someone I have a dispute with.

As I said before hopefully it'll all be sweet soon and happy bunnies with a sweetly sorted bike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts