KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, picked my Duke 200 up from Craig's Motorcycles in Dewsbury yesterday. Loving it so far. Just posting to say hello. It's my first bike and I'm happy with it at the moment.

Are there many other 200 owners on here? Also I'm from Bury near Manchester, anybody local?

Anyway the important bit:

It's an ex demo, 1800 miles and was standard when I first went looking at it haha.

As you can say I've made a start with a few mods. Everything was done at the dealer, they gave me a good deal on some of the parts and fitted it all for no extra charge. Would recommend them and even though the Rocket Centre is closer I will probably go back there for parts/servicing.

I'll have a proper look round here over the next few days but any suggestions/links would be appreciated. Where should I go next with mods? What are the best products/methods to maintain it?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Nice ride mister. There are a few in Manchester but no 200's that i know of. In any case, you wont be far from a rideout.

Are you leaving that beauty locked up on the street?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice ride mister. There are a few in Manchester but no 200's that i know of. In any case, you wont be far from a rideout.

Are you leaving that beauty locked up on the street?
Cheers, its in a 'secure' car park haha. I live in a block of flats, all the residents are ok so there are no problems there and there is an electric gate on the car park which you need a fob for to get in... and out. However you can walk round the far side of the building but you are up and down a few steps. So its not ideal but I've got a few locks on it and it's under a cover so fingers crossed it will be ok.

Nice wee bike kiddo ill have a pint a Guinness and welcome to the asylum
Cheers dude.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Welcome!! Nice bike that!! Think about an anchor somewhere!! I have visions of some pikey simply picking that up,and throwing it in a van! Sorry to be negative but they love a ktm!!

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
What exhaust U got on that? My mrs just got a 200. Il be takin motor apart for a port etc so will report back with any gains etc. Looks sweet

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome!! Nice bike that!! Think about an anchor somewhere!! I have visions of some pikey simply picking that up,and throwing it in a van! Sorry to be negative but they love a ktm!!
I've definitely thought of that, done the best I can with the space I've got I think... These two photos are a view of the main gate with my bike in, making it out of sight to passers by (the gates are open for a few hours this morning because its bin day but shut the rest of the time). The second photo is the other side of the fence. I had to move two commercial bins to get this photo of the locks. Also I can see into the bin compound from my living room window so would have a view of anything suspicious. The grey chain is just an extension for me to get my U-Lock through. The U-Lock will be going everywhere with me. Hope that stops you worrying a bit ;) haha.

What exhaust U got on that? My mrs just got a 200. Il be takin motor apart for a port etc so will report back with any gains etc. Looks sweet
It's the standard exhaust as far as i know. It's definitely the standard underbelly can. I presume you are commenting because of the blue colouring of it? I'm not sure about that to be honest haha. And yes please do let me know, not sure I would go that far, especially with a bike under warranty, but it would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
so, hows the duje fairing in our british winter, and whats it like to ride. i'm thinking of waiting for the duke 390 to come out (which is the same chassis as the 200 but bigger engine and more power) i will be using for commuting and would love to hear your views on what the 200 is like. whats the build quality like? etc....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so, hows the duje fairing in our british winter, and whats it like to ride. i'm thinking of waiting for the duke 390 to come out (which is the same chassis as the 200 but bigger engine and more power) i will be using for commuting and would love to hear your views on what the 200 is like. whats the build quality like? etc....
I've left a comment in you're thread about it, not sure if you've seen it. To be honest its great for me, I've had to be careful so far because of the weather but it feels fast enough as a first bike, perfect for commuting. It just feels really light. I think going from something bigger you might find it a bit slow so maybe the 390 would be better. I thought about waiting for it but to be honest I think it's going to be great learning the basics on this.

Build quality seems spot on, unfortunately I've not got much to compare it to but from the other bikes I've ridden (a few 125's and a Suzuki Gladius) it just feels really tight. Brakes and suspension are brilliant. Mine will be used in all weathers and I am storing it outside under a cover so I will let you know how it holds up over time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lovely bike paddy, im looking to down grade from my Honda CBR 600RR to one of these little duke's they look so much fun.

well done.

Mic.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the world of biking, nice to know that people are still joining below the age of 50. Everyone will have tips and advice so heres mine

If using over winter and keeping outside, cover spray and wipe over all frame and exposed metal (excluding discs clearly) with ACF50

Get out of the city when you can on longer runs - go somewhere. You will feel better for it. Every bike is an adventure bike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lovely bike paddy, im looking to down grade from my Honda CBR 600RR to one of these little duke's they look so much fun.

well done.

Mic.
Cheers pal, if you're whizzing around town then you won't regret it. It's perfect in traffic.

Lovely little bike that you have there,looks like a great first one,love the security,I left the key in mine for a week once and nothing happened but then I'm not in Pikeytown/land whatever.
That was a lucky escape haha, I rinsed mine off yesterday, dried it and then put the cover on. When I came to put the locks on I realised the keys were still in it haha. Lucky that my lock keys are on the same key ring though. I live in the town centre, convenient for lots of things but can be a nightmare for security.

Welcome to the world of biking, nice to know that people are still joining below the age of 50. Everyone will have tips and advice so heres mine

If using over winter and keeping outside, cover spray and wipe over all frame and exposed metal (excluding discs clearly) with ACF50

Get out of the city when you can on longer runs - go somewhere. You will feel better for it. Every bike is an adventure bike
Thanks for that, unfortunately the new license laws and cost of insurance make it very expensive for us young folk to get into. Hopefully it will save money in the long run but it has been an expensive venture.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get myself a tin of ACF50 ASAP. Want to keep it looking good. And as soon as the weather gets a bit better I will be hitting the open road :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts