KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

Registered
Just watched a few Champion helmets vids on you tube, interesting noise comparisons (y) GT Air>NXR2>Spirit3>RX7 with about 6DB difference which should be a huge difference

Tinitus here too,
ive tried the Auritech but now use ACS ear plugs, i just find them better all round (and are 1/2 the price). I've tired the 16 and 19 db ACS plugs, on longer rides with the 16's i get more ringing and that ear overloaded feeling which i don't get with the 19's.

Reactions: Ms1290sdr

Registered
I hate ear plugs , I like to hear what the engine is doing etc , but I do see the need for them especially if you are touring etc

Registered
I got pissed off with Arai a few years back, chin vents and side pods snapping. Fuck sake, 拢500 helmets and a shitting 5p plastic bit breaks that costs 拢30, and the visor mechanism was a dark art.
Bought one of those carbon X-Lite jobbies after trying on loads of brands. Noticeably colder to wear, which is great in 30 degrees, but not first thing on an Autumn morning, noisier and not quite as nicely finished than an Arai. The lacquer is shite, scratches so easily and the popper on the chin strap fell off. 2 years later I had an offer on a well priced Arai and haven't looked back since. Will be replacing this one soon, Arai's are just so bloody luxurious to wear, trouble is their designs are so shite boring. It's like they've got a load of old racers designs to flog off first.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was out today with my shitty back up lid Craft what a pile of Junk got to keep to the speed limit or the visor flies off :mad: But I had my tunes so who cares New Order, Beautiful South, Billy Idol, Massive Attack to name a few on my Bike Mix :D Using Creative EP630 and New Bee Ear Buds :cool:

Material property Audio equipment Gas Font Gadget

Premium Member
2019 ktm superduke r & 2015 kwak z1000
Have to say I can鈥檛 fault my Arai鈥 or my Cardo .. two of the best bits of biking kit I own!
Helmet Motorcycle helmet Sports gear Sports equipment Houseplant

Registered
I carry my spare clear visor in a visor sack round my waist and find it ok. Personally I don鈥檛 like the drop down sun visors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i dont like drop down visor now...too bloody late now mind :D yes i put visor round waist but i just wanted to not carry one..i will keep it clear ,bollox to dark visor im too old to look cool now any how:D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think drop down visors are great especially this time of the year with the Low Sun U can't stop on the motorway when U get blinded by the sun :cool:
P.S. Arai too bloody expensive U must get staff discount :LOL:

Registered
Have to say I can鈥檛 fault my Arai鈥 or my Cardo .. two of the best bits of biking kit I own!
View attachment 42224
i got a sena..now i would take piss out of gortex wearing intercom using types i have turned into that old fucker who does all that!! i do like chatting to the old BF too! you know when your lost and cant call them a cunt for going wrong way can now...and vis versa with intercom its great :D i really like them and have eaten my words over what i have said in past馃ゴ

Registered
I've got a Cardo bold.... i wouldn't say it's great, it works ok but the range is nothing like they advertise (400m on a straight road etc) I usually only use it when i'm out with my nephew, he says it's no better than the cheapest Sena he used previously .

Premium Member
I've got a Cardo bold.... i wouldn't say it's great, it works ok but the range is nothing like they advertise (400m on a straight road etc) I usually only use it when i'm out with my nephew, he says it's no better than the cheapest Sena he used previously .
I can鈥檛 fault my cardo - for mesh use it鈥檚 great and the water proofing is far superior to sena.

Registered
I can鈥檛 fault my cardo - for mesh use it鈥檚 great and the water proofing is far superior to sena.

ffs is this another bag of shite i brought :ROFLMAO: i got sena20s i think? and have got the bottom of range one for trail riding and dirt bike stuff...the 20 is good.so far the dirt bike use one does loose connection but might be because its being used in gullys woods all that terrain? means if i fall off in a ditch he can either leave me to die or come back and help:D the road one is good for 10 hours not faulted...but we shall see no you put kiss of death on the senas;):D
stumo i didnt know you was a road bike man? i thought you was pure dirt only?

Registered
I hate talking to people at the best of times, fucked if I want to do it whilst riding. Just use hand signals.

Pulling up alongside a mate whilst pointing exaggeratedly at the fuel tank = Need fuel
Foot off the pegs = Something dead in the road or gravel
Overtaking a mate at stupid speeds, slowing and gesticulating = They've missed a turning
Hand in the air, index finger wagging in a forward motion = Ride like a twat for the next bit, regroup at the end laughing like cunts
A flat hand pointing at the ground in a rubbing motion = Fit bird
A flat hand pointing at the sky in a stationary position = Ugly fat fucker

Registered
I hate talking to people at the best of times, fucked if I want to do it whilst riding. Just use hand signals.

Pulling up alongside a mate whilst pointing exaggeratedly at the fuel tank = Need fuel
Foot off the pegs = Something dead in the road or gravel
Overtaking a mate at stupid speeds, slowing and gesticulating = They've missed a turning
Hand in the air, index finger wagging in a forward motion = Ride like a twat for the next bit, regroup at the end laughing like cunts
A flat hand pointing at the ground in a rubbing motion = Fit bird
A flat hand pointing at the sky in a stationary position = Ugly fat fucker
Miserable bastard!

Premium Member
ffs is this another bag of shite i brought :ROFLMAO: i got sena20s i think? and have got the bottom of range one for trail riding and dirt bike stuff...the 20 is good.so far the dirt bike use one does loose connection but might be because its being used in gullys woods all that terrain? means if i fall off in a ditch he can either leave me to die or come back and help:D the road one is good for 10 hours not faulted...but we shall see no you put kiss of death on the senas;):D
stumo i didnt know you was a road bike man? i thought you was pure dirt only?
Sorrrrrryyyyyyy lovey 鈥.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts