KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Garage/workshop floor.

I painted my garage floor about 7 years ago with very good quality floor paint, the floor was bare concrete about 39 years old, tough and powdery, needless to say it’s not wearing well.

Around my main work area I have the lock together padded matting, which is great for my old knees and some carpet mats in some other areas.

What I’m after is a “cure all” something I can put down that will last over 10 years, be petrol and oil resistant and as a secondary comfortable to kneel on, paint, resin or flooring not really bothered as long as it’s good

Over to you…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
I have looked at various options and will be putting down 18mm OSB and sealing it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked at various options and will be putting down 18mm OSB and sealing it.
OSD tolerant of fluids but rough as fook on the knees and not particularly hard wearing, I’d be really interested to see a picture in 12 months

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Vinyl do tell

Well story goes..........carport with tarmac floor, converted to garage. Screed on tarmac to fill small holes and then put vinyl down (same that you might use in kitchen of bathroom), Only used cheap stuff (thinner than the more expensive stuff) and it works fine. It has had everything spilt on it and has not marked at all. Also on the concrete floor in my workshop. Obviously, it will mark/tear, if sharp objects dropped on it

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
Just had a google - good stuff! It looks like gym matting is a simar alternative (probably the same).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
383 Posts
Heuga carpet tiles in my garage. My garage is sealed from the elements when the door is shut and i got the tiles for free from an office block that was being renovated.
My next garage will have the interlocking "plastic" type tiles once the garage has been weatherproofed.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I have the vinyl like in hospitals etc ....double garage size £600 fitted ...they self levelled then came back and did the vinyl...pick your colour ...very neat job ...8 year old now and still happy with it

Reactions: Steve Scurr

·
Registered
3,695 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Is it bunded up the walls?

Cap and cove. Welded joints, lasts forever. We put this in retail off sales areas.
Good enough to run hospital trolleys over for years

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’ll try find someone in my area that does it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts