KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Might need a bit more to help you e.g.

What do you want to use it for / what type of riding?.
What is your budget?
New or used?
etc etc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the link to the other thread not working?

Budget: £2500 (max, although the missus me be being made redundant)
Used
I want it to do my daily commute, 12 miles each way. Made up of low speed filtering and about 8 miles of 50mph limit A roads.

Have been suggested 625smc which from some reviews sounds a very likely candidate.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
If you want the ease of a 'lecy boot then stay away from the 660.
The 640 and 625 are the better options (or even the Duke2) and depending on who you talk to one is better than the other.

It was all said in the other post really ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
625 SMC would do the job as would the KTM LC4 640 or KTM 640 Duke. All these should meet your needs and be a lot of fun.
try to get one which has been well looked after and perhaps properly tricked up with after-market bits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are 3 candidates on the 625 smc front, one has quite high (compared to the other 2) mileage @ 16k, what is the mileage on these like?

The one with the higher mileage would allow me to save about £200, which doesn't sound like a lot really the others have between 5 and 10k all are the same year and model as far as I can see.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
My 640 has 25k on the clock............because it has had regular services and oil changes I haven't had any major issues yet (touch wood)
So basicly as long as it has been looked after the milage shouldn't be too much of an issue

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is a good place to look?

Have found one in the for sale section (which is the higher mileage one), which is standard apart from the Remus can.

One on pistonheads, which has 5k on it, scorpian can and strange coloured header pipe, sump guard & rental bars.

...and I seem to have lost the details of the other one.

There is also a proper tricked up 520, which I am unsure about has ktm supermoto wheels, beringer 6 pot brake system and brembo brake master cylinder aswell as handguards and axle sliders on it.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Everything is worth a look, as he is only 5 mins away. Have a good listen to the engine for rattles and see how much he wants for it bear in mind there is a 2007 for 2.5k on the site that hasn't been nicked....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did look at that one, but read somewhere that it was cutting out on him under medium braking when the bike pitched forward. Never saw a resolution of the issue in the thread, which concerned me some, perhaps it is a common issue with a simple fix?

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
I did look at that one, but read somewhere that it was cutting out on him under medium braking when the bike pitched forward. Never saw a resolution of the issue in the thread....
Ask him.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Done, thoughtd on the Duke 2 would be appreciated as I haven't paid much attention to it, love the twin pipes though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts