KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plea for help guys!!

I'm stranded on the A81 not far from Glasgow (20 miles approx??) I've just got my third puncture on the rear. The bead has broken and the wire is causing the puntures.

I need a part worn or new tyre for the rear of my Adventure and a foot/electric pump. I did have some Co2 canisters, but I've used them up.

If any of you fellas can help give us a bell 0770 303 1181.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Pete thats not helpful
Not helpful????:eek:

Within ten minutes of hearing of his plight, and after rolling round on the floor laughing I had sprung into action.

I had two plans in place

My spare back wheel with Scorp on would be loaded onto one of my wagons late tonight and delivered to him by 12 noon next day

I had my tyre fitters phoning round Scotland finding a rear tyre which would then have been delivered straight to him along with a tyre fitter to help him out - all free of charge courtesy of shep's empire :smokin:

Either way he would have had what he needed.

In the end some kind soul off here helped him out so I stood down. :rolleyes:

A friend in need is always laughed at first, then helped out, then laughed at more. You know the rules :D

Meanwhile as I am sure many of you have heard me say - "If you haven't got it - you can't use it". I carry 6 Co2 cartridges, an electric pump and a hand pump as well as at least 2 of each tube ........ and I do believe Gav actually took the p**s at some point . .. .. .. .. little git that he is ;)

Here's the funny part - I gave him the tyre that has caused the problem because it had a damaged bead :rolleyes: It had done 1000 miles on my bike no problem, but I had the damaged section clamped under my rimlock. I think the taking on and off of the tyre and the fact he was riding on tarmac 2 up on a D908 didn't help and the bead failed completely causing the second puncture....... it'll be a good tale to tell in't pub in a few weeks time and much taking of the micky will be done :rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Registered
289 Posts

Within ten minutes of hearing of his plight, and after rolling round on the floor laughing I had sprung into action.

I had two plans in place

My spare back wheel with Scorp on would be loaded onto one of my wagons late tonight and delivered to him by 12 noon next day

I had my tyre fitters phoning round Scotland finding a rear tyre which would then have been delivered straight to him along with a tyre fitter to help him out - all free of charge courtesy of shep's empire :smokin:

A friend in need is always laughed at first, then helped out, then laughed at more. You know the rules :D

Meanwhile as I am sure many of you have heard me say - "If you haven't got it - you can't use it". I carry 6 Co2 cartridges, an electric pump and a hand pump as well as at least 2 of each tube ........ and I do believe Gav actually took the p**s at some point . .. .. .. .. little git that he is ;)

Here's the funny part - I gave him the tyre that has caused the problem because it had a damaged bead :rolleyes: It had done 1000 miles on my bike no problem, but I had the damaged section clamped under my rimlock. I think the taking on and off of the tyre and the fact he was riding on tarmac 2 up on a D908 didn't help and the bead failed completely causing the second puncture....... it'll be a good tale to tell in't pub in a few weeks time and much taking of the micky will be done :rotflmao::rotflmao:
WOW! now theres a great gesture. Could I have yor phone number please.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Rescued

And on his way home.

R:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
A good job well done & cheap at half the price. Well done there RH; one of the reasons this forum is so good.:D

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

I had two plans in place

You are a good mate to have in times of trouble.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got in :)

Top effort RH! I owe you big time ;)

Just want to say a big thanks to all you guys who called after RH was on his way. Like someone has already said being a member of this forum is the dogs! Once again I feel really humbled to be a part of this community.

Thanks all! :)

DG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts