KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help with my 2003 950 Adventure. I had an air leak from the rear rubber that joins the carb to the inlet manifold it had a split in it I have replaced it with a new one. Before I put it all back together I thought I would balance the carbs but they will not balance the rear is a lot less then the front and whats more worrying when you rev it, it now puffs out blue smoke and if you look down the rear carb you can see flames in the inlet manifold. My fear is that I have burnt out a valve. Or is they a sampler solution.
Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated thanks Ashley

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Balance AFTER you've put the new boot rubber on. Or have i read this wrong?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
If it wasnt doing it before you took the carbs off then ........strip it down and start again

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes put new rubber boot on then tried to balance carbs rear carb has half the suck as the front one, I have checked and rechecked the boots no air leaks.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Very odd.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try doing a compression check, that will help you decide whether you have caused valve damage.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Sorry mate, but the general consensus is the top ends goosed, best of luck sorting it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You may want to check the carb diaphragm for holes also check that the butterfly is not bent, if you have had a large backfire they sometimes do this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have run out of ideas so have put it on a van and taken it to a garage to see what they say. My gut feeling is I’m going to have to take the engine out and at best rebuild the rear top end. Thanks for all your ideas. I will certainly check the carb foe damge, looks like I will be off the road for a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts