KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have finally located where my oil leaks coming from but don't know what it is or if / how it can be tightened??

It's right at the front of the engine, at the top, on the head. It's a small round thing, about the size of a new 5p, wedged right between both exhaust manifolds.

I cleaned all the oil off, then started the bike whilst shining a torch in, then noticed the round thing vibrating & quite a bit of oil came out from it...What worries me is, altho' it appears loose, it doesn't have any allen, torx, hex, etc to it so I can't see how it can be tightened??

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks, Gaz.

·
Registered
517 Posts
It sounds like you have had the SAS pipework removed and the round thing you are talking about is just the replacement plug pressed in place and held by the manifold, it should have a crush washer to stop it spinning round though.

However, are you sure it is not leaking from the rocker cover above it only the gasket is just sealant and they are notorious for going in that area, from memory the SAS pipework should not go into any oil ways so even if it fell out no oil should leak out (might sound like the header pipes had just fallen off though).

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Any pics of the offending item mate? If it's a plug that's been put in place of the SAS system then it shouldn't be leaking oil cos it's only the exhaust port, not the top of the head...? :confused:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Easy enough to fit a new washer, no need to remove the head.

At one point I had oil coming from the top right bolt on the right manifold, just used a bit of gasket sealent on the offending bolt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, I think it's what Pozi is talking about as both manifolds overlap it, therefore holding it in place. I'll take the manifolds off & either get a new washer or use some gasket..

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Gaz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.