KTM Owners Forum banner

help road regestering

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mxr/53 
#1 ·
hi chaps thinking of buying 010 250 exc but its not road/reg like to lane over winter
please could someone give some advice on how to r/reg the bike
i heard all sorts
thanks again mxr/53

#2 ·
If its a 2010 UK supplied bike you should be given the DVLA V54/5 form and Type Approval form. Just fill in the V54/5, attach your insuranvce, a cheque and the Type Approval form and you are done :)

If you dont have the V54/5 and type approval you need to ask DVLA for a V55/5 and ask KTM for a Certificate of newness.

#5 ·
Cert is free from KTMUK if its a UK bike. £50 if not. Ask the seller for all the paperwork, regardless of where in the world it was supplied there will be a delivery certificate from KTM showing supplying dealer, delivery date and original purchaser.

#6 ·
I recently requested a cert of newness from ktm for my sx, what i actually got back was a letter of authenticity stating the date the bike was assembled by ktm ag in mattighofen austria. It was free, I think the £80 is the first reg fee & will be + road tax as well.

thats as far as i've got so-far, But check this other thread for some more info.;)

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/technical...gister-off-road-mx-type-bike-daytime-mot.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.