KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Time has come to sell my bike, simply don’t have time to ride it and all my riding buddies have packed up riding. I’ve owned it since 2014 and rode it regularly until 2017 when it was chucked in the corner of the garage until I carried out an extensive rebuild last year with the intension of getting to ride again. I rode it a handful of times before weddings and house renovations got in the way and its been stood (turned over regularly) in dry garage for the last 9 months, so its time for it to be reluctantly moved on.

I’m not sure what its worth, prices seem to vary so much on ebay marketplace etc. I’m confident that there won’t be a better one for its age.

Just looking for some advice on what you lot think its worth?

I had thought about stripping the mousses, bars of etc and selling them separately but would rather just sell it as is.

I’ve attached a few photos. Literally uncovered it, chucked it on the ramp and taken a few. I intend to give it a service and a proper wash and polish before I advertise it;

-2012 KTM 300 EXC, Road Reg’d (currently sorn), excellent condition, well looked after.

-Complete engine rebuild Approximately 20 hours - Prox conrod kit, Koyo main bearings, Piston measured and checked (approximately 30 hours, changed before it was parked up), Bore measured and cleaned, all OEM seals and gaskets. Rebuilt with great care, all parts checked and cleaned thoroughly (Im an engineer), Brokenlegs head mod and Jetting, lovely torquey power.

-Started motor has the uprated Bendix and battery, only ever used once the engine is fully warmed up.

-Frame stripped and powder coated KTM Orange. All bearings/seals changed and greased.

-Wheels stripped SM PRO rims (fitted by the previous owner) powder coated, new spokes, new spacers/Seals/bearings. Currently has a Michelin mousse and Michelin medium tyre on the front, MEFO mousse on the back with a 6 days on. Got a Mitas single green with a brand new edge on to swap onto it (a few decent practice tyres to chuck in with it as well).

-Suspension was re-valved by Brokenlegs when I bought it, recently fully serviced by SHOCKTECH in Rotherham SKF seals top quality oil etc. Currently has uprated springs for 14 stone rider, original springs available.

-Callipers were rebuilt with new seals and stainless pad pins. New slidepins and seals also fitted (Honda parts used as KTM don not sell a spare). New discs and bolts.

-All the unnecessary wiring removed (kept if anyone wishes to refit the number plate, lights, horn etc). Mapping switch and Yamaha style stop button fitted.

-Radiators strengthened and braced by GMX,

-Renthal 996’s

-FMX pipe

-Later style plastics fitted (originals are kept though they’re tatty, number plate holder and headlight could be refitted if required).

-Acerbis sump guard.

-Rear disk guard.

-Some spares to go with it, exhausts, seat, bars, footrests, brand new OEM swing arm bearing kit, various OEM gaskets and seals, practice tyres.

Cheers for looking and any advice on where to advertise etc appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like a very nice example! I'd try my luck at £4,250 with all the mods. As said it's very hard to price but it looks like you've got a well sorted bike with the parts people would want to fit to a standard bike.

I paid £3500 for my 2014 250 exc just before lockdown but it needed work and maintenance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a very nice example! I'd try my luck at £4,250 with all the mods. As said it's very hard to price but it looks like you've got a well sorted bike with the parts people would want to fit to a standard bike.

I paid £3500 for my 2014 250 exc just before lockdown but it needed work and maintenance.
[/QUOT

Thanks for the KTMmm,

Can i ask where yours was advertised?
I dont want all tbe idiots ringing up asking how many powerbands its got etc...

Also, did you look at many others around tbe same year price? What was the condition of them like?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Looks well sorted, and desirable. Try it at £3995, and see how you get on, you can always come down in price in a couple of weeks if it doesn't sell. Good luck !👍
Yeah I second that. The age will always put it at around £3500 but it is in obviously good condition. I'd want £3500 for my 14 and it's definitely rougher than yours.

Did the powder coating cover up the frame number? That can be a sticking point for some.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I second that. The age will always put it at around £3500 but it is in obviously good condition. I'd want £3500 for my 14 and it's definitely rougher than yours.

Did the powder coating cover up the frame number? That can be a sticking point for some.
Yes unfortunately the number was lost. I photographed the frame before blasting and coating on my bench and then afterwards for some kind of evidence.
Ive actually etched a plate at work that i was going to rivet to the frame but thought it might look a bit tacky.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got mine off a mate before advertised. It had been sitting for a few years so didn’t start hence the price. If you aren’t in a rush to sell I’d say the forum is a good place to start, free and generally not full of numpties - next is possibly say enduronews although I’ve never listed a bike on there but your bike seems well suited for that crowd.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies.

Ill get it serviced/washed and polished this week and photograph it properly.

Not in a rush and will be sad to see it go to be honest.

Like KTMmm says, ill try it on the forum first to try and avoid draling with idiots.

Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gave it a fettle today, now advertised in Bikes and Bits. Scary when you start looking through all the receipts.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks a nice bike, but be very very careful who calls to view it best to meet away from your home.
Yeah that is a worry. I have a friend with a gated yard with cctv. I think i may ask him if i can meet there.

Also a worry accepting cash..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sold.

After just over a week of calls and txt's with ridiculous low ball offers the first genuine buyer who came and viewed it bought it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fortsy, if you don’t mind me asking what did you get for it? I’m putting my ‘14 450 six days up for sale soon.

The bike itself has done 260 hours but I did a total strip down of frame middle of last year then a total engine rebuild at eurotek recently so engine has about 40 hours on it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

Advertised it at £3995 sold it for £3800. Did the deal over the phone, fella turned up looked at it, I started it for him and he transferred the money straight over. Its still advertised on Enduro News, I need to get it taken down, still getting calls and txt's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts