KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One bike just isn't enough anymore so I'm seriously considering selling the SMT, but with a lack of 2nd hand ones on the market and KTM raising and lowering their prices quicker than a whore can raise and lower her knickers i'm a bit stumped as to what I can expect to achieve. Idealy I'd like to do a deal with someone else to save being exploited by greedy dealers or a straight private sale. So its a .....
Sept 1st 09 (59 plate) Silver 990SMT
12500 miles ( yes its been used!)
Full supplying dealer service history ( AMS) @ 698miles/11/09/09 @ 4574miles 19/02/10 and @9385 / 25/06/10
Akros ( (£1150-from new)
Akro Carbon front mudguard (£210-from new)
Skidmarks carbon hugger (£100)
KTM Heated grips (£75 from new)
Meta 357T alarm ( fitted from new)
KTM Engine protection bars
Healtech gear indicator
frame protectors
LED rear light.

Good condition ( not immaculate its been used virtually every weekend)
Could do with some new mirrors/screen to tidy it up due to light scraping/scratches mirrors £13.50 each / screen £21 )
Michelin Pilot Road 2's
Luggage carriers/heat shields modified/deleted.
Return to Standard Spec and tidy up ( cost about £170) or sale modified

So....Trade in price at dealer? ( modified/std)
Price for private Sale? ( modified /std)

Would be looking at doing a deal on a 950 SM @ £5k + cash or Sports bike ( GSXR 750/1000/R6/R1/Fireblade any price

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bro was looking for an smt, he may swap a d675 and his fazer for it?
Not a fan of 675's or Fazers to be honest. Piccy of the bike 9Sorry ,haven't really managed to catch one when its clean.

Might be interested in your GSXR and cash though.Only up the road in Somerset so not too far away.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about a swap for an 08 RC8 with 5.5k on the clocks, standard except crash protectors and front sprocket changed??
Had a RC8 for the day whilst mine was being serviced.Done just over 300 miles on it and I was crippled. I could hardly walk where my inner thighs had been pressed against the seat. And I must say I was a bit underwhelmed with it aswell for a sportsbike. So thanks,but no thanks.

Edit. Thanks KTM for selling everything VAT free at the moment! Not good for anyone trying to sell newish 2nd hand bikes at the moment!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Would a 749 + cash interest you? If you want a 750 then IMHO it's a better bike than a gixxer. Better does not have to be faster, otherwise the gixxer 750 riders would all be on 1000's!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts