KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm after a KTM 125 exc (2005 - 2008) but I cant find one!

If I were to but a 125 sx how much work is it to make it road legal?

I want to use the bike for Enduro's, green laning etc but also want to be able to use on the road between lanes.

Does an SX have a VIN number? how do I sort out an MOT? what do I need to do to the bike?

Any help would be appreciated:burnout:

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
i can sell you a beautiful sx250f/06 so you can race in the same class? if its for riding on an L plate it wont be any more illegal than a 125!!!

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
^^
dont think so as the 125/200 bottom end's are the same. not 100% sure though... think you can go 250-300 though...

·
Registered
117 Posts
i use an sx125 for enduros, great little bike, first thing i did was fit lights, i did this by seating a battery in the airbox and wiring it up to a headlight unit and an old rear light. second issue was tyres, most enduros require fim approved an normanlly road legal, the sx has a 19" rear wheel (exc is 18") i found mitas make one so fitted that on, slightly wider than recomended but has been great, i found the sx has alot more of a hit than the exc so bought a flywheel weight from sfb racing which has made a good difference for enduro, then just bike protection, sump guard, hand guards and what not, mine works well for enduro.
the major difference between sx and exc is the gearbox, exc is wide ratio 6 speed, and sx's were 5 speed small ratio, but i think changed to 4 at some point? sx has a lighter flywheel hence why i fitted a weight, rear wheel size is different, sx has no lighting coil, horn and a stiffer suspension set up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts