KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got hold of a low mileage 2006 640 prestige twin pipe model.

It's already got a full Akra system on it, and seems to be fuelling nicely, just ordered a 16t front sprocket and a 46t rear for some mono madness.

Are the standard wheels heavy in comparison to aftermarket ones ?

Hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction for some other bits n pieces to improve on power/grunt/grin factor.

Thanks in advance !!

I have a feeling that King Karl will be along shortly with some good advice. :smokin:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Performance mods would be :-

Drill the air box covers or remove the airbox completely and fit an induction tube and K&N filter
FCR 41mm carb
660 cam.

Depending on what wheel you go for, I would say most are lighter, you can allways get them converted to tubles which would save a little weight or fit cast wheels like Duke 2 wheels. If you trawl the for sale section I think you may well fing a pair in there for sale ;)

·
The "Flid"
7,208 Posts
Hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction for some other bits n pieces to improve on power/grunt/grin factor.

I have a feeling that King Karl will be along shortly with some good advice. :smokin:

You rang ............ :D

This is where you advance to when the stabilizers come off :smokin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else (KTM) with 640's got any other suggestions ??

Or are you all too scared that Karl the King will pop up ?? :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Make sure it is chained up. The fastest mine went was when some scrote broke in my garage and stole it. Depending on what you do with it depends on what you do with the wheels i have a 690 prestige now but wouldnt take that off road like i did with the 640.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts