KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go I recently brought my ktm 300 exc 2006 model. That has covered only 2105 miles/105 hours had my first outing on weekend and all seemed ok until about half hour in to ride I wasn't pushing it as haven't ridden in nearly a year, when I change gear at the beginning you can here like a piston slap or tap only lasts a couple of seconds then goes until bout over an hour into riding got a little more noisier so I took her back home as didn't want something major going wrong with it. Can any one shed some light to this please thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
sorry mate had a smoke just having a laugh, somone will be along to tell you your prob with the bike,but does sound like rings??

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
For the price of a few gaskets i'd pull the barrel off and check everything for wear if it were my bike.....powervalve, piston,ring-gap,little end bearing Etc.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Bearings would knock consistently. When did it last have a new piston or rings? Could it have been the chain? have you had a KTM before? their chains slap something rotten.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told they wher changed at around 50 hours ago, it doesn't soundvlik chain slap it sounds like something in the head but it's not constant yet it's as if there is a marble in it every couple of seconds at the beginning of the gears once open up abit it stops I had a ktm 250 before but it was faultless

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Then you need to strip the head down and check everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for al help but

I was told be previous keeper he removed one of the fly wheel weights could it be that also what affect does it make to my bike ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts