KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just acquired a 2010 300exc ?
I've little experience with this type of bike but after a couple of KTM days, some aches + pains and some head scratching I've taken the plunge so here I am.
Now I'd love to just say hi and lurk around for a while but I do need some help if any of you can.
My expansion pipe doesnt fit well to my exhaust port, I see on the schematics a catalyst that i dont appear to have (unless I'm missing it).
Do I need one? Is there another option (that wont cost £120+)?
Is that my problem or is it just new seals I need? There does seem to be too much slop for just seals...?
Pls help! I'm booked in at deepdale on sunday...

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Welcome!!

Never mind Deepdale, sounds like you could be in deep shit!

Is the manifold worn or broken? Pipe should be pretty snug. Pipe bent out of alignment?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, it looks ok. I've packed under the orings with a little glass string and may have some kind of seal so I guess it wasnt that far out. I'll see when the new o-rings come but think it will do me for the weekend

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Has anyone ridden a bike with the legal pipe fitted? I remember Cyril Depres using a pipe on a 2t at hells gate years ago. It looked like a 4t pipe. I just wonder if the pipe they bin might be of any use at all?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 2009 250EXC came with the cat pipe and a load of other gubbins in a box.
After one too many tree strikes on the original de-restricted pipe the dealer fitted I cut the cat out of the cat pipe, had it welded back up and used it until it too succumbed to crash damage.
Does seem to go better with a DEP pipe now, but as that was fitted at same time as a new piston and VForce4 difficult to be sure if it ran worse with the hacked de-catted pipe.
Anyone know the scrap value of the two unused OEM cats ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts