KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

New to the site so card on the Bar

Been wanting to get a supermoto in ages and finally got one after a few debates with the wife Shes a biker too we decided to get a 625 twin pipes, instead of of getting one one and turning one into a supermoto.

My question have I picked the right model ?

The Bike in question is a not modded 55 plate 625 and to be fair whilst it has only had two owners the previous owner neglected her a bit, so I got a lot of work to do.

The mileage is about 11k.

Im due to get the bits to change the filters, plugs and oil this weekend which brand suits the bike best. On the sports bike I used Morris oil and found it best for the bike I used.

Also the electric start is not working, i beleive its the spring that will need to be replace or buy the whole new unit.

What kind of improvements can I do and what products and where to get them from?

Also which models has the same fitment for the pipes please?

Thanks in advance

Trist

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Welcome.........mines a Cider Ta............There will be lots of owners along shortly to to answer all your questions

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Welcom fella:D I will have a guinness. Like 666 said there will be someone along shortly to give you some info:D Enjoy the site:D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Welcome aboard, I'll have a Bundy n coke, cheers.

As far as choices go, a twinpipe 625 is nice. Get it all happy and enjoy. :)

Reasonable performance gains are to be had by letting it breathe more easily. With options from holes in the airbox, up to removing box and fitting a K&N pod. And of course, you can spend a small fortune on pipes to match.
Some ppl stick doggedly to the factory reccomended products. Others use their favorite oil. I've used a few brands now, and as long as you stay within the reccomended spec, they've all done the job for me.

Theres a few good threads about the starter. Have a poke at the search function. And try the google search this site option if the other isn't giving results.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum fella. There's tons of info on the older style LC4 on here, the twin pipe 625 is one of the more desirable models. Mods you can take on are: K&N filter and link pipe, exhausts (Akra etc....) but the one thing I would say is that sticking decent rubber on my Duke absolutely transformed it! The next things to consider (and come highly advised by many) is to get it on a dyno and get the fueling spot on and also get the suspension dialled in to your style of riding and weight.

Apart from that mate enjoy the bike and the forum is a bit of a giggle. Mines a frothy coffee please :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Can i have a cappa chappa mappa frappa mocha focka latte with syrup and marshmallows !!! Please

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys I have managed to find the adv site and the bible bit about it.

I have got a lot of work to do to it as it was a little neglected.

Deffo take all the advise on board

thanks again

How about the pipes what can fit on the 625 from what model ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts