KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
One of the few electrical things in life that has fitted easily and as instructed and worked first time.
Great piece of kit and highly recommended for a bit of filing station / coffee stop peace of mind.

·
Administrator
8,416 Posts
I'll take one please Kev. Pm your payment details please.

·
Administrator
3,880 Posts
What type are the connectors Kev? Until now on my XR650R I've used the "if they can start the bastard they can have it" security method, but as I upgrade it and fiddle it is at a point I need to think of security....

Obviously no battery, ignition, starter... Just a kill switch is all it has. Someone told me to use the old indicator switch as a hidden kill switch (turn left is on), but buggered if I can figure out how to do that...

·
Premium Member
31,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you post a picture clearly showing us the location of the Hidden switch ??
There is one in the kitchen at my house, pinned on the border of my Stuart Hughes Prestige Supreme TV. Key is under the mat.

·
Premium Member
31,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What type are the connectors Kev? Until now on my XR650R I've used the "if they can start the bastard they can have it" security method, but as I upgrade it and fiddle it is at a point I need to think of security....

Obviously no battery, ignition, starter... Just a kill switch is all it has. Someone told me to use the old indicator switch as a hidden kill switch (turn left is on), but buggered if I can figure out how to do that...
Yes, it will work with the XR. Also works on my XT500 ;)

·
Premium Member
31,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A couple of people have PM'd me asking for photos. I will not give out photos because that could compromise the security of people who have them.

Even though as Eggflan says they are hard to find even if your mate asks you to find it!

They are easy to fit and come with instructions including a photo showing one possible mounting location. You can choose where to mount it yourself.

I have one on my 990 Adventure too ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got one of your kill switch kits from eurotek a few years ago, went in for something else and spied it on the counter, ill have one of them as well ta, top bit of work mate. I did alter it slightly and replaced the hidden switch with a key switch from one of those cheeky little pit bikes and mounted it up on the handlebars it also cuts out the electric welly.

·
Premium Member
31,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was a few years ago!

I used to do key switches, but trouble is the scrotes just jab a screwdriver in or cut the loom.

So now I just kill the spark, the scrote then is exposed longer while he figures out if it needs choke or if he has flooded it. So you stand a chance of catching him in the act or he just abandons it and chooses another one to press the button and ride off!

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
It buys you time, won't stop them lobbing it in the back of a van but if it can fool the owner :redface:, then it might stop a thieving ****** and make them nick your mates bike instead because they didn't have the foresight to buy a kit themselves.
Do you want to be that mate? :).
No? Then buy now!!!

·
Premium Member
31,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm interested, can provide a picture of it and where it plugs into?
I wont provide any photos of the switch of where it plugs into for obvious security reasons.

But the feedback at the start of this thread should give you some comfort?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
true, i got 3 for me & two mates of KIY a while back, and they definitely add peace of mind when parked up outside pub for magners & ice halfway through a sunny evening mountain ride !

(plus in a funny way your secretly glad your other mates havent got them as their bikes will be easier to take)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine in the post today, very neat, and I found a suitable secret place on my 250 Freeride to mount it, as it differs a bit from an EXC. Simple to plug into the loom, and simple to mount, sorted.

I'm very pleased. I think I'll have a Magners now!

1 - 20 of 176 Posts