KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to ask, I have checked but can't find any answers to this so far.

I am looking at a 2016 super duke R, it has a full service history and has the akarapovic exhaust. It has 53000 km's (about 30k miles).

It smoked a little when they started it up but said that the super duke r is known to smell like it is running rich with the exhaust.

So am I looking at a recipe for disaster or an opportunity for a fun weekend toy without spending a huge amount of money and is the running rich comment accurate?

·
Registered
16,119 Posts
I had one with 26k on and it didn’t smoke or run rich, in fact it ran the best out if the 3 I’ve had, one from new and the other with 6k on, all with Akrapovic fitted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had one with 26k on and it didn’t smoke or run rich, in fact it ran the best out if the 3 I’ve had, one from new and the other with 6k on, all with Akrapovic fitted
Thanks WazzaDuke33.
Is your 26k in miles and was the bike still generally good at that?

·
Registered
16,119 Posts
Thanks WazzaDuke33.
Is your 26k in miles and was the bike still generally good at that?
Yeah, 42km, it was perfect, like a new bike really aside from some normal and expected minor wear from use . It had been serviced annually and well looked after, valves done around 20k all in spec

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
696 Posts
Thanks Kestrel R. Any issues other than general wear and tear?
The only problem I've had was what I thought was a clutch slave issue. Very very gradually my clutch lever goes slack. I bleed it, it's fine and gradually I start losing pressure again at the lever. It's a minor annoyance because it takes a few thousand miles to get to the point where it needs bleeding again and there are no leaks anywhere. I fitted an Oberon slave but it's still doing it so I'm assuming it's a MC issue. There is a replacement piston kit available or I might send the whole MC to Venhill for testing. They make aftermarket piston kits and can ream out and recondition MCs.

Otherwise the bike has been faultless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts